New nissan juke

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BIG GUS

This is what the wife's new car will look like when we get it and put the body kit on,should be a little road rocket 4wd 1.6 litre turbo cvt auto.

Attachments

• juke 11.jpg
    juke 11.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 252
why on earth would you want a cvt auo?

cvt anything just makes the car like driving a lawn mower.

wife can't drive a manual, we have CVT auto in our TI Dualis and it drives better than any lawnmower,sounds like you have not driven the Nissan box.

My misses has an X Trail with the CVT auto, what a piece of crap that is.. They just rev their ringer out all of the time. I would never get one again.

Yeah a 6 speed would be better but from what nissan has told us the ti juke is only in auto.

Each to their own. If your misses is happy with it than that's all that matters. If she is anything like mine and just drives it, it wouldn't matter if it had a lawn mower engine or a jet engine as long as it moves when you push the right peddle. My misses hasn't ever read a manual on a new car or even retuned the radio from what it was set to on delivery. Trendy features are a waste of time in her cars. It's a hot looking little car, she will have a blast in it.

certainly looks allright for a hot hatch...

did you ever get to drive one with the cvt? i assume its same as the pulsar turbo?

i can only comment on an XTrail 6speed CVT and its a pile of shit.

the first and biggest problem i have is that its a 6 speed and if you let it rev out first it will do near on 100Kmhr, W-T-F is the point of having all those gears if your going to leave them so gosh dam tall? i would have thought the first 3-4 gears would have been short, give the car some punch on accelerating and maybe a chance offroad, but no its gutless and i would hate to see it off the track, it would never be in the powerband.

its overly strange the first few times you give it a little poke in D cause it will hold 4krpm and just increase in speed most of the time, you really need to put it in manual shift of floor it to get it to go thorough the gears correctly. when its doing its little slip trick, its slow as ****.

when you drive it normally it is however fine and you get used to it as a pos auto.

/just my 2c

Surprised no one has commented on the look of the thing... the front end in particular... three sets of lights eh?

:rofl2:

Last edited:
That's what i was thinking,didn't i put a thread up on the juke not a cvt auto,the cvt in the wife's dualis is great,goes like a dog shot up the arse!

Ugly as f.... - but beauty is in the eye etc etc.

Hope your misses get a lot of fun out of it.

hey Guys, its Mel here, Brian's mrs..
Just been for a test drive and it goes extremely well...
very happy with it.
Ps to all the haters of the CVT and the car - I LOVE IT.

That's the way Mel - you're the only person that needs to be happy with it ;-)

i reckon CVTs are the best thing to happen to 4cyl petrols. I'd rather a manual don't get me wrong, but for the wife as a daily driver and has no need to be trying to race everyone, the CVT is awesome.

In my mrs VRX lancer is leaps and bounds ahead of the old style autos in the 4cyl, bit slow off the line but once the engine gets into the torque range it just holds it there, cant feel it going up and down and is smooth as ****! It has the paddle shift there is you want to feel like race car driver but the box on its own finds the gears for best acceleration pretty well.

Picked the little road rocket up today,missus is all smiles,looks like the navara will be getting a long rest.

Attachments

• juke wing.jpg
    juke wing.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 83
Picked the little road rocket up today,missus is all smiles,looks like the navara will be getting a long rest.

Luv it. Looks fast. How hard are those colored plates to see hay. I don't know how the cops read them from a distance. Red on black is the hardest to see. Good if cameras can't see them tho.

Congrats on the purchase

Cheers

Hubby just belted it in at 4.3 secs to 100km/hr.
when timing the go with geoff he must have started his stopwatch late... suppose his eyeballs needed time to flip back to the front, from the back of his head...
shit its quick... cant wait to get big ball exhaust and chip on it..
it was the first one registered and insured in QLD... i am sure that they will catch on quick....
take one for a drive... you will be pleasantly surprised...

Back