New Nissan Navara ST OWNER

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy54

Reaction score
Hi ,
I have joined so that I can learn more about my new 2010 Nissan Navara ST 2.5l diesel manual work truck that I am looking forward to getting in about 1.5 weeks time.

Is there anything in particular that I should be aware of when I take delivery of my new truck as I have never had a brand new truck before? It is being modified at the momment to have a tray and work canopy installed.

Cheers,
and glad this site exists.

Welcome to the forums Billy.

There is a thread titled "pre delivery checklist" or something very similar have a read through it and it should give you all sorts of great ideas that forum users have already come up with.

Welcome to the forum!

If you haven't driven a diesel before, be aware that diesels don't need to rev as hard as petrols to get the job done, and they don't like being hurried. You can put the boot in and accelerate quickly etc, but then you'll lose one of the major advantages that the diesel has over the petrol car - economy. Also, if it's your first diesel, make sure you never forget which bowser to stop at!

When I refuel, I always get a tax invoice that shows the litres filled and on those occasions when I can't get this, I write the litres down on the receipt. I then write down the trip meter value, odometer value and press the trip meter reset.

This has given me a running history of fuel consumption, which I put in a spreadsheet that works out my economy in LPHK and lets me keep notes about the kind of driving I was doing (mountains, towing, city etc).

Other than that, just enjoy the vehicle. Head along to a local Navara group meeting, and if we hold a National Muster this year, get yourself to it (looks like it'll be around Dubbo NSW). It'll be fun!

I AM A TAD CONCERNED ABOUT THE TOWBAR THAT THEY HAVE FITTED SEE PHOTO IN MY GARAGE OF TOW BAR G9162 EC010AU ,IF IT IS ADEQUATE OR NOT AND IT HAS SMALL AMOUNTS OF RUST .I HAVENT PICKED UP THE NEW UTE YET BUT MAYBE I SHOULD GET THEM TO REPLACE IT.THEY ALSO HAVE HAD THE GLOVE BOX OUT FOR SOME REASON AS THE FRONT COVER IS MISSING ANY IDEAS? ?? BORROWING SOME PARTS??

th_IMG_0797.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
I wouldn't be worried about a bit of rust on the towbar, too pedantic for a work ute.

Having the glove box out allows access to the cabin filters, maybe your going to be lucky enough to have them fitted from new rather than at the 10K service???

Ah I see your asking the same question here.

Whether the pollen filters "should" be in from day 1 or not is a question many have asked but the bottom line is Nissan haven't been known to do it until the 10K service.

Mate welcom i have a 2010 St as well.
All i can say is get ready for the stupidity you will deal with during nissan service and pray like crazy you dont ever need warranty.

Latest posts

Back