New Shed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not if it looks like......

Best-of-Barney.jpg

Righto lads, rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd tack onto this one. Just ordered my new shed yesterday. It'll be an american barn, 11.5m at the front, 8m deep and 2.7m high. Middle bay for my ute is 4m wide with a 4m roller door, with 3.75m wide wings, one of which will be the man cave! The other wing will have a smaller roller door and will store the trailer, rideon, son's quad etc. Already scouring ebay for stuff to put in it, but generally thinking bar and fridge, pool table, couple of couches and a few posters etc. Was up at Elmore Field Days last week and we had a Gulf Western Oil stand next to us. Managed to score 6 new empty 44 gallon drums off them for nicks, which I'll use to make the bar and cut out a couple of stools/chairs.

My son is making a dart board at school at the moment, so it will take pride of place, and I'm hoping to talk the missus into a big screen TV. Probably put a wooden floor in the man cave bay, and just blue metal in the other two, as i can't stretch to another $6k ish for concrete. I'll put it up myself, so looking at impact drivers, as I only have a corded drill. Hopefully can borrow a scissor lift from the neighbour. Will line it with ply and probably later put in a mezzanine in the middle bay for storage. Another neighbour is a sparky, so I'll get him to run the power across and put in a few lights and power points. Hoping to have it all done by Christmas - 3 or 4 weeks for them to build it. Funny thing is, the cook is more excited by it all than I am, God love her!

Congrats on the new shed. OT now

Was up at Elmore Field Days last week and we had a Gulf Western Oil stand next to us.

Had them next to you indicates you also had a stand, if so what were you offering, what sort of cost (roughly) was it to have the stall and was the cost worth it compared to the numbers of people looking?

I work for finance broking company. We've been to the Mallee Machinery Field Days and Hamilton Sheepvention, as well as Elmore, in the last couple of months. Just checked the file - Elmore was $480 for the site, plus $54 for 3 passes for the 3 days. The site was 6 x 12 metres, with power available about 20 metres away.

For us its more of a flag waving exercise - if we get a few deals out of it, terrific, if not, doesn't matter. Heaps of people stop by. We had a convertible mustang there for 2 days, and my brother's (almost) show ute for the other. Gives a chance to have a bit of a chinwag, pass out a few business cards and pens and for us, wonder around and chat to dealers.

Damn Elmore is cheaper than our local field days, it's $830 (includes 1 pass) for a 9x9 at Warragul.

Thanks for the info.

Dunno yet, could be an option. Looking at a few different options over the next 12 months.

Yeah, fair question Terry. She's already bought a couple off couches of ebay and found some lights to put over the pool table. It's starting to scare me!!

It when she gets the light shades and the sheet thingie they throw over the couch you need to start worrying.

Made a start on the American barn on the weekend. Frame is almost complete. Just have to put in the posts for the two roller doors, put in the window and personal access door jambs and a few more purlins and then can start cladding.

Attachments

• photo (14).JPG
    photo (14).JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 79
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 73
Looks like a fun job, dunno if I could do it for a living but I don't mind building sheds

Some shots of my completed shed. Two bays are for storage and I've put a floor in and false wall for the mancave. Still gotta put in the bar, a telly and install the wood heater.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Back