New stereo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt c

Reaction score
Hi all
Found a few post on it but can't find my answer I have a d22 and I'm up grading my stereo I have the aerpro harness but I can't find the second plug, I'm thought maybe I don't need because my utes a single Cab it may have something to do with back speakers but I'm not sure any help would be appreciated

:blingbling:
Hi all
Found a few post on it but can't find my answer I have a d22 and I'm up grading my stereo I have the aerpro harness but I can't find the second plug, I'm thought maybe I don't need because my utes a single Cab it may have something to do with back speakers but I'm not sure any help would be appreciated

Second plug would be the rear speakers but...

I didn't even have one in my 2004 dual cab as the rear speakers aren't standard and there wasn't even wiring from the stereo to the pillar

The front speakers are in that main plug. Just connected the Aerpro harness to my new head unit wiring as it said to (basically match the colours) and all worked fine.

ust remember to connect your ground from the new head unit to a metal component known to be grounded to the chassis, everything in there should be but check to be sure. Do not connect it to anything in the harness!

Wouldn't there already be a ground wire through the main connector ?

^ correct, no ground wire in connector as mrtim123 stated, and being a flashy aftermarket job you would want the best ground connection you can get to eliminate interferance and such things anyways. Do it properly, do it once.

While you are at it, plan ahead. I ran a video out rca plug down under the passenger sidefor future head rest monitors, ran a wire connected to the remote power cable in case down the track I wanted a sub for more doof doof and capped it off with a connector. I did forget though to run a wire for if you ever want to put some fancy illuminated switches or anything of the sort that you want to light up with your dash lights, run a wire connected to the illumination wire (orange I think in the head unit wiring) to under your steering column for easy acces and cap it off with a electrical connector, label it with electrical or masking tape flag and permanent marker so you don't have to pull the head unit out again.

But, if you can't be buggered just do what is necessary for now and rip it apart again later if you get more ideas, I just prefer not to.

So could I earth the knew one on the metal cage would that be ok seeing as it was the earth with the original unit

Should be fine, but may get in the way of the new deck. Line it up with the front of the cage, see where it's going to fit and screw the ground in where it won't get in the way. Or grab a multimeter that beeps when set to ohms/continuity and touch the cage then metal parts behind the cage, when it beeps you know you have found a ground point.

Thanks guys making a bit more sense now still having problems getting the old harness out is there a trick to getting it off

photo.jpg[ So I did get the old one out but I think its female and the harness they told me I need is male?

Last edited:
The back of the stock stereo should have a plug that is male, the car should have a female plug with all the wiring necessary (battery constant, accessories, speakers, etc.).

Supercheap should have given you a male plug with wires hanging out of it specific to the vehicle to match the existing female plug in the car. I just told them I had a 2004 Nissan Navara blah blah and they looked up the part number, I made sure it was correct by checking the packaging and the catalogue myself.

What you have to do is match the colours on the plug they have you to the colours on the wires on the back of the head unit you wish to install (or follow the instructions.

You need to make sure they have given you the correct Nissan year model specific plug. Once you have confirmed this, joined the plug onto the head unit wiring (and triple checked you have it correct) and connected your ground directly to a known ground, you just plug the male plug into the female harness that is wired into the car.

Before you put everything back together, make sure it works. Then once everything is good, the car starts, stereo works as it should and there is no fire or smoke coming from anywhere, stick the head unit in the cage or fix it back as necessary, put your dash back together and happy days.

Latest posts

Back