new to forum

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old bear

Reaction score
Hi everyone, live in central vic and just ordered a new D22 yesterday.Looks like a good place to learn a few things, lots of reading to do and i am sure i will have a few questions to ask you guys.
Cheers

First question and would appreciate your opinions.
Yesterday when i was at the dealers, he had a silver d22 japan built and he made a point of this being a good thing compared to a thai built one.The minister of finance didn't like the colour (and you have to keep her happy) so we ordered a white one.Today i get a phone call saying that the next lot of deliveries will be thai built as they have starded up over there again.Would there be that much difference quality wise?Should i buy the japan built one or wait for the thai built one in the colour we want, am i stressing out for noyhing?
Any opinions appreciated, Cheers

Hi n welcome too the forum, I don't know much about the new D22's but I'm sure Dave could help his a bit of an expert on D22's or old tony who's a bit of an expert on everythin lol.

Welcome to the forum!

And thanks for that, Lladnar - ex is a has-been and a spurt is a drip under pressure, I know the drill.

I think the Thai build is probably not quite as good as the Japan build - ask Dave, his truck is just great and has gone for over 200,000km whereas Aido is still looking for a backhoe. That said, I'm no expert on the two together - I just read opinions here, and get the feeling that while the Thai trucks aren't quite as good, they're not really bad either.

I do agree that white is the better colour, although silver doesn't show the scratches as much it is a harder colour to match properly.

Personally I prefer the Spanish build, but that'd set you back a fair bit more coin too.

Hi ,
i have a thai built D40 and id say its as good as any nissan from any part of the world.
i dont think there standards would drop or improve because the factory is in a different country .

Welcome to the forum :)

FWIW I've got 25,000kms on my Thai built D22 without any issues and my sister has got 21,000kms on her Thai built D22 also without any problems.

There are lemons with any model but you shouldn't panic just because you've got a Thai built version and not Jap built.

Thanks for the comments eveyone, i think we will wait for the white thai built one as we really don't like the silver, the only other colour you can get is black and we have had a black car before, never again.Looks good clean but there dirty again 5 minutes after you wash them.

Cheers

G, day old bear,

Welcome aboard,fear no beer. If you attend any of the Navara outings or musters over the next few years, please remember, the only stick you should have in your hand is "Low range" .

PS, enjoy the forum a great bunch of blokes & Gals and those mixed up shuck up types called lola, lalala lola, lalala lola!

Sorry folks, it’s all those f--king pain killer medication again!!!!

Regards,

RLI
:shooter:

Latest posts

Back