new to navaras

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skayoner

Reaction score
Hey guys just got a 2000 dual cab navara for a steal! Im loving her so far just figuring out the quirk's.. few questions

What trays fit it?

It's the 3lt petrol and in running it on gas and cheap or free mods?

Also I have to turn my key back a touch when on to get Radio and aircon to work anyone know why??

Thanks for any help guys:)

Hey guys just got a 2000 dual cab navara for a steal! Im loving her so far just figuring out the quirk's.. few questions

What trays fit it?

It's the 3lt petrol and in running it on gas and cheap or free mods?

Also I have to turn my key back a touch when on to get Radio and aircon to work anyone know why??

Thanks for any help guys:)
My tray is 1.8 by 1.8, you wont want to go any bigger. Sounds like as issue with your ignition switch, the VG33 is a good motor it thrives on rev's and a good set of headers and 2.5 system is a good mod. Lucky you have it on gas, it tends to drink like a alco with dt's.
Cheers

How far are the rails apart? Know what others brand ute trays would fit? What about 4x4 trays or d40? There are some cheap ones on Gumtree?

Any places to get heAders from? Whats the 2.5 mod and how hard is it?

Yeah gas gives me great mileage!

Thanks heaps for the quick reply!

Most trays are the same to fit, the difference is the mounts to bolt to the chassis.2.5 is the exhaust diameter 2.5 inches, go no bigger for your motor Genie used to make a set of extractors for the VG33, or you could try Redback.
Cheers

You could fit a chip too, it only advances the timing a tad but helps in the midrange. Not sure who makes them anymore, you'll have to check that anything is compatable with gas.

I woukd say the longer tubs would bolt up the same, would just need a longer. Would need a towbar off a later model though.

Thanks for the help guys ive found some extractors, and tray and guards so hopefully pick them up and install some time this week:)

hey mate i've got the 2000 model diesel version and my ignition is the same, i have to turn the key back slightly to get the accesiories to work, i'm not sure why i just live with it
cheers doug

hey mate i've got the 2000 model diesel version and my ignition is the same, i have to turn the key back slightly to get the accesiories to work, i'm not sure why i just live with it
cheers doug
its eithe the key barrell worn or the key could be sloppy at its high points. [ worn ]

Latest posts

Back