new to the 4x4 scene with questions.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robdog.

Reaction score
Hey boys,
Ive had a bit of a look around the forum and enjoy what i have seen, in all aspects. the gallery, the camping stories and the tech support on DIY is always a wealth of knowledge.
I have recently brought an 07 D40. 6 speed diesel. she came with a 'slimline' arb canopy in which i have no interest for. arb bullbar with a warn winch. and a red arc electric brake controller.
my plan is to install an EGT gauge on the A pillar (but haven't seen any done on this site)
HID lights
UHF
those ebay touch screen stereos
tint windows

I have fitted some wrangler duratrac's which I have mixed feelings about. and painted the sports bar black.

While i plan to do alot more camping in the alpine, tassie and back home in along the murray, i dog foxes and love to spotlight.
down the track id consider upgrading the suspension and install a roof rack with awning for getting over the ditch and cashing in on the school holidays.

I joined this site to learn about different brands, what a few things mean/do and maybe even grab a few nice camping spots.
from what i can see the stereo install will be a peace of piss. I have installed many of stereos and subs in most model holdens growing up before turning to the darkside.
the EGT gauge has a few doubts with the side mirror defroster vent and the effort required to release that shroud. and then finding a boily to fit the sensor.
the reason for the gauge is to bring back a few memories from the maloo but also to ensure i dont fry the turbo with my green hat.

thanks boys. its good to take a seat.

robdog

Last edited:
welcome mate there's some good tracks down here in tassie especialy on the westcoast granville harbour and balfour track near sandy cape.

Welcome to the forum.

One of the tracks in Tassie you should do will lead you to the beach that runs around the east side of the entry to Macquarie Harbour and a long, long way north (see it here). I haven't seen it by vehicle, I've only seen it by boat (Bonnet Island cruise from Strahan) but I saw a number of 4WDs on it and tents, fishing poles and people generally having fun.

Latest posts

Back