New to the Navara clan!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murph289

Reaction score
G'day all, just introducing myself to the forum.

I picked up my new D40 Navara ST on Friday night, and have already racked up about 600k (easy to do out here in the sticks!), mostly road, but the more I drive it, the more I love it! Previous car was a V6 Commodore ute, and had to get something more robust to handle the appalling roads out here. Cannot wait to get some gravel under the rubber!

Planned future mods include a steel bullbar, UHF and probably 2 inches of lift. I'm interested to see how people mount their UHF, as I cannot think where to put it, aside from an overhead console.

Cheers, Murph.

:wash_truck:

Welcome to the forums

My UHF is under the stereo.

That's because like so many other D22 features you got the diet version and your stereo is only small :smile:

My uhf is mounted besides the gear stick, I was once considering a roof console but figured it was an expensive CB holder. My set up wont suit everyone but even at 6 foot 3 (or there abouts) the CB never gets in the way, in fact it's sort of become a leg rest, and the mic sits in the little hole Nissan left between the stick and where my CB is mounted.

Well. after that false start, I'm back!

Joined up here with all the good intentions in the world, to build a nice little touring D40, only to have life get in the way...

The Nav lasted all of about 2 years, an interstate move to Tassie for work and 80,000km, before I yearned for speed and handling and sold it to a mate and bought a WRX. My mate still has her and she's still going strong, ticking over somewhere around 140,000 with nary a worry.

The WRX on the other hand... 2 and a half years, and one engine later (my fault, got greedy with the boost), I sold her off to a bloke in Victoria.

Now I'm back in the hot seat of a D40, albeit an older, more well travelled one. Decided to downgrade to free up some cash (plus needed child restraints, etc for an upcoming rugrat), so I scored a 2007 ST-X with 250,000 on the clock for about $14k.
view

Pretty immaculate for the age/kms, at least until Friday morning, when my passenger's side panels met an errant water tank on the highway. There's a few issues that I hope I can get around, such as a while on deceleration in 6th, and a clutch flutter sound under load.

Intending on maintaining this one myself to save some dosh (also as a bit of a project/hobby), so should definitely see me around here more often. First service I did revealed some interesting things, such as several oil filter seals left in the filter cup...
view

(photos may or may not work from Google Drive, will fix later if that's the case)

Welcome back. Pics aren't working for me on tapatalk, I'm sure someone else will let you know if they aren't on a normal web browser...

Hope you enjoy your stay the second time round haha

Latest posts

Back