New tyre time.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tappet

Reaction score
It's come the time to replace my shot orginal HT 20 Dunflops.
After some research (on a price veres performance equasion) I'm going to order Hankook AT-M RF10's, unless someone can talk me out of them for good reason.
What I'm up in the air about is wether to order te 265/70/16 or the 265/75/16. I understand the 75's will have fair bit more "roll out", higher effective gearing and perhaps less braking performance but what I am keen to know for those of you with 75 series and manuals is what sort of difference it made off the line. Do you really notice it or would the more conservative 70 series be the better bet?
The truck is going in for a lift early this week with Bistien 5100 series struts and shocks so either will fit under ok.

Thanks

I only done 1000k with the original tyres then went to 265/75 and there was a little difference but nothing major

Hey mate,
I have been running 33/11.5 which are 295mm ish in width. Tow a trailer every day without a problem. The only thing I would say is that on beach sand the ute won't really sit in fourth in high range, but will comfortably sit in third at around 2700rpm & 70kph but on the road not much difference, bit extra noise to warn off pedestrians tho

Sorry mate, didn't realise your rig was a d40, my mate is also running 33/11.5's on his d40, and that will sit comfortably in fourth on the beach, also no dramas on the black stuff. But if you do go the 33 route be prepared to get the grinder out

Latest posts

Back