new upper wishbones

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you have camber pins on your car 0 camber is posible, thats what i have one mine with the spacers installed, the upper control arms are made off a jig of the original arms so camber is not affected when installing these. im not sure if they are for sale yet but the same guy is making lower control arms that are adjustable for castor and camber, but it also raises the whole strut by 2 inches giving you a lift without the need for the spacer. if people are interested i can look more into it. it would be a good idea for those with spain built trucks that dont have camber pins

Thanks for the info ONLOCK, I will wait to see how things pan out for a bit before i express any interest in the Lower control arms replacement.

:redcool:Hey ONLOCK... I would be interested in any info regarding the lower arms. I have spanish built with lower rear adjusters only. I was going to install front adjusters or offsett bushes. These arms might be another way to level out my rig.. any info appreciated..

If you don't have the adjustment in the lower arms its worth looking into these custom LCAs. I have installed offset upper and lower bushes, and still have noticeable camber. Its fine to drive and the tyres aren't showing visible signs of wear yet, but you sure can see the wheels (with 33s) aren't "straight".

I've got the extended ball joints fitted at the moment - and enjoying no UCA/hat smack - but they're sarting to show some wear, and are now unavailable. Can't wait for these cusom UCAs to be ready!

sorry onlock I was actually after a picture of the lower control arms just to see the angles from the front. And if it wouldn't be to much hassle could Anyone take a measurement from the top of the guard to the bottom of the rim just for figures sake with a 4" lift installed.

I am getting a set of bottom arms made up and will put up some photos next week[hopefully] my mate is pretty busy at the moment with a couple of big jobs.
The bottom arms have the lower strut mount higher so you dont need the coil spacer, depending on how high you want the lift to be, you have to take off the front sway bar as well to allow more articulation.
I am mainly working on the top arms at present as to me they seem more important.

Yeah I spoke to Alan this morning Steve, he's sending me specs and photos, unless you want to keep the market for yourself

If you put these bits on will the car need to be engineered? And if so, are the bits going to be ok in the engineers eyes?

it is a modification of the suspension so yes legally you would need to get them engineered, as for how easy i cant give a definate answer but considering it runs the same balljoint as standard and sleeved rubber bushes just like standard i dont see it being an issue. the only time iv heard of people having issues is when running uniball or heim joints. maybe aussie frontera could elaborate on this abit more as he has gone through the process of engineering prg upper control arms and i think they run heim joints

Its used to be that Heim Joints were not acceptable on street driven vehicles.However one of the Fords runs heim joints as the rear bushings.Heim Joints etc are therfore now legal as per the NCOP
I had my UCA fully Engineered here in the ACT and no issues at all. The Engineer needed all the info on the materials used . In my case its all Chromoly steel piping and the Heim joints and Uniball are all high quality units with teflon liners. The Engineer will check the quality and design of the arms as well as the quality of all the bushes etc that are used.

Basically its up to the Engineer to check to make sure the gear we are install is actually up to the task.If things go wrong its his neck on the chopping block so he is going to make sure the gear is 100% fit for purpose.

I paid just over $800 to get my PRG UCA /Radflo adjustable Coilovers and my wheels engineered.
Anytime you install anything like adjustable coilovers, wheels ( non factory) ,suspension components other than springs then the vehicle needs to be engineered.
With suspension lifts up to 50mm in total lift is called self regulated so you dont need to get them Engineered but past the magic 50mm it all has to be done.

I wouldn't worry about engineering them no one would know. Paint them black and they would look stock. But for insurance sake, you probably would need them mod plated. And im sure there would be a mod code to cover them. I had a swb patrol ute I built before my nav and I got the custom tray and tray mounts I welded to the chassis all put on the mod plate. The mod plate book has codes for everything.

Attachments

• Photo1289.jpg
    Photo1289.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
leighto its going to depend on which state your in and how game you want to be. in the ACT they are strict to the ADR and NCOP
If you had an accident and it was found you had non compliant anything then you are running a high risk of your insurance being voided.
Not going to speak for others but I will not risk my insurance for the sake of a few hundred bucks to get stuff made legal.
Building a tray is one thing but installing different suspension components carries a much bigger risk.
if you happened to have a breakage that could be attributed to a non compliant component then you could be liable for all damages. Could run you a bundle.

Latest posts

Back