Newbie from Melb

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badman55

Reaction score
G'day guys,

Bought a new D40 st manual mid 2013, so far so good.....
Mods so far include: Factory Nissan snorkel, Carryboy canopy with Tradey racks, egr blanking plate and dual battery set up ( unplugged the hall affect sensor thanks to helpful info from this site ).
The Nav is due for its 30,000km service shortly, just wondering if everyone takes theirs to Nissan for servicing to avoid warranty arguments? If not, does anyone have any good cheaper options around the eastern suburbs of Melb? Pref someone that likes Navaras....

Cheers.

Welcome Badman55. I do all the servicing myself (no warranty) so can't help you with that one. My advice, give it a major look over every 20000 (sensors, exhaust, fuses, make sure nuts and bolts are tighter than a nuns c### etc) stay on top of it all and you won't ever need to rely on your warranty

Welcome Badman. I hope you enjoy the site.

I took mine to Nissan while under warranty, partly for the reason you mentioned and another reason was that the dealership was owned by a local bloke that I trusted.

The dealership was sold and during the period of the change in ownership, I had my first real warranty claim, a leaky radiator cap. Gave them plenty of warning that the cap needed replacing at the next service which they assured me it would . Anyway instead of replacing the cap they "Cleaned and re-tensioned cap. Customer to monitor". I was fcuking livid.

It only leaks when the temp rises a bit towing and the next time I towed was a horse float 5 months later and 3 weeks out of warranty.

I rang the dealer and the current Service Manager was pissed that it had not been replaced at the last service. Despite only being 3 weeks out of warranty and despite the fact it was originally reported within the warranty period, he said Nissan are tough with warranty and he (the dealership) would cover the cost, like he has with the other $30,000 of problems caused by the previous service manager?

While I have no doubt that someone other than me was obliged to pay the cost of the cap, if the dealer can be believed, I am not sure how much goodwill can be expected from Nissan with anything other than black and white warranty issues.

This is a pic after a short trip towing the horse float on a cool day. When it first went in with the leaky cap, the dried coolant had built up to the extent that it looked like melted candle wax.

Attachments

• DSC_0190.jpg
    DSC_0190.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 40
Thanks for the welcome guys!
I can't believe Nissan were so tight with the radiator cap Joe...
Might just get someone cheap to do the basic servicing and stamp the book, and look after / keep an eye on it myself...
Cheers.

Latest posts

Back