Newbie from S/E Melb

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navhawkd40

Reaction score
Hey All, similar to other new posters, i have been looking around this site for awhile and thought i would join in and introduce myself.
I have a 2011 D40 ST since new and only mod so far is the ARB Canopy fitted.
i used to do a bit of 4wdriving with my dad as a junior in an old 83 SWB Patrol.
I have a Tambo camper and get away when i can with wifey and kids, but now I'm interested in tricking up the Nav to get back into the Bush with the family!
Currently been shopping around for front Bar, Suspension Kits Tyres and Lights.
Been Quoted from ARB, TJM and Ironman, and i know all brands split divisions amongst the 4wd community I am interested in some informative views on this and ill also do some searching on here, but cant help to think that the Ironman package is considerably good value on price! Is this good or bad?
Cheers
Brett

Welcome to the forum, as for Ironman suspension i have herd mixed reviews on there stuff much the same as any other brand.
The only thing i can suggest is have a look at some of the members threads and look at people garages, then talk to the guys that are running it, at-least that way you can get first hand experience.
I think there may also be a few threads on there stuff in the D40 section.

Cheers nathan22, have been searching around and i am starting to lean towards ARB, just can't believe the price difference esp on the front bars i.e Safari bar compared to the protector Bar!!!

Cheers nathan22, have been searching around and i am starting to lean towards ARB, just can't believe the price difference esp on the front bars i.e Safari bar compared to the protector Bar!!!

I dont think there is much difference between the Bullbars, and from what i can tell it would be minimal as they look like a dead set rip off of the ARB bars.

The suspension however is more debatable.

Cheers jasev9x, after looking at some of your pics, I'm starting to lean towards the ARB deluxe Bar and OME suspension! What are people's thoughts on going direct to the big guys or using an independent local 4wd centre for all the work to be done?
Thanks again nathand22, I have been researching the boards and there does seem to be a bit of negativity with the ironman suspension, although I do like their led light bars!!!

Hey All, similar to other new posters, i have been looking around this site for awhile and thought i would join in and introduce myself.
I have a 2011 D40 ST since new and only mod so far is the ARB Canopy fitted.
i used to do a bit of 4wdriving with my dad as a junior in an old 83 SWB Patrol.
I have a Tambo camper and get away when i can with wifey and kids, but now I'm interested in tricking up the Nav to get back into the Bush with the family!
Currently been shopping around for front Bar, Suspension Kits Tyres and Lights.
Been Quoted from ARB, TJM and Ironman, and i know all brands split divisions amongst the 4wd community I am interested in some informative views on this and ill also do some searching on here, but cant help to think that the Ironman package is considerably good value on price! Is this good or bad?
Cheers
Brett

Welcome ,
like all things in life , you get what you pay for , and it depends on weather you like learning from expensive mistakes , take your time and evaluate things on what your going to use them for , VS what your prepared to pay , remember they have to last as long as you keep the truck , so whats a bargain now , may not be in 3 years when you have replaced it 3 times

Thanks steve1961, btw your avatar cracked me up! Couldn't agree with you more about cost vs reliability, considering this is my daily driver and used for work daily and on long trips I do want all mods to last and be reliable. This is the exact reason why I have joined this site, to gain more knowledge to make the right decision from the start. My original thoughts was to go with Ironman for the whole kit and with the savings might've been able to also get winch and lights at the same time, but might just do what I can afford first and then add extras bit by bit!

Thanks steve1961, btw your avatar cracked me up! Couldn't agree with you more about cost vs reliability, considering this is my daily driver and used for work daily and on long trips I do want all mods to last and be reliable. This is the exact reason why I have joined this site, to gain more knowledge to make the right decision from the start. My original thoughts was to go with Ironman for the whole kit and with the savings might've been able to also get winch and lights at the same time, but might just do what I can afford first and then add extras bit by bit!

Iam still learning with the Navara , but i have been through this before with other marques , and i learned the hard way , this time iam just doing it bit by bit , as i can afford it , wth the products i know are good

I have now been consumed by this site for over a week now, and must say how positive it is that so many members are so willing to contribute their own knowledge and thoughts!!!! It has really helped me narrow down some important decisions i'm about to make. I've decided on ARB Deluxe Bar, Warn 9500 winch (Synthetic Rope) and OME Suspension!! I'm still undecided on HID Spotties vs LED Lightbar, and BFG AT vs Good Year Duratrak tyres??? It's all going to cost a bit more, but worth it in the long run, just waiting for final quote, then will be booked in. Will post some before and afters pics when i figure out how to do it!
Thanx again for an awesome site...........now to search for LED's......

I have now been consumed by this site for over a week now, and must say how positive it is that so many members are so willing to contribute their own knowledge and thoughts!!!! It has really helped me narrow down some important decisions i'm about to make. I've decided on ARB Deluxe Bar, Warn 9500 winch (Synthetic Rope) and OME Suspension!! I'm still undecided on HID Spotties vs LED Lightbar, and BFG AT vs Good Year Duratrak tyres??? It's all going to cost a bit more, but worth it in the long run, just waiting for final quote, then will be booked in. Will post some before and afters pics when i figure out how to do it!
Thanx again for an awesome site...........now to search for LED's......

Depending on your driving , take a look at Micky Thompson 4 rib atz's or copper st maxx , also a good quality winch is the " Runva " you can get a 11,000 with synthetic on special for $ 650.00 , i know i mentioned value vs quality , and the line sometimes gets blurred , BUT warn are made in China now , so you may as well get something that costs half a warn , one last thing , be warey of OME lifts , they have a habbit of sagging badly , theres lots better suspension kits available , tough dog and EFS to name 2

Depending on your driving , take a look at Micky Thompson 4 rib atz's or copper st maxx , also a good quality winch is the " Runva " you can get a 11,000 with synthetic on special for $ 650.00 , i know i mentioned value vs quality , and the line sometimes gets blurred , BUT warn are made in China now , so you may as well get something that costs half a warn , one last thing , be warey of OME lifts , they have a habbit of sagging badly , theres lots better suspension kits available , tough dog and EFS to name 2

Cheers Steve i have left a message 3 times this week with the EFS number and not one reply, not sure about their service..... interesting you say about OME as i've asked around a few independent 4wd service centres and they have all recommended OME? Maybe their buy price and profit margin is better through ARB??? Can't seem to find a local centre that fits Tough dog, i'll keep looking, not sure i want such aggressive tyres, but have read and read so many posts in regards to tyres I'm almost tired out!!!! Will also check out the RUNVA i the net, thanks again for your advice!!

Not sure where you are , but theres a place in Cranbourne that ca supply and fit tough dog , thats what i have on mine , ive had BFG,s , were ok when new , but " go off " before they ware out

Welcome Brett,i'm pretty sure everthing 4wd in Crabourne do Tough dog,maybe worth a quote from them.
They've done work on my vehicle before(bar/winch) and the workmanship was good.

Welcome Brett,i'm pretty sure everthing 4wd in Crabourne do Tough dog,maybe worth a quote from them.

Yes thats the place , lol i couldn't remember their name , i have a tough dog lift too, just been fitted , i sourced all the bits and got the local pedders to fit it after near killing myself fitting the springs to the struts , and very happy with it , pic is in my build thread

Thanks Navarian, will check them out through the week, checking their website they are only displaying "Ironman" Kits for the Nav's!

Yes thats the place , lol i couldn't remember their name , i have a tough dog lift too, just been fitted , i sourced all the bits and got the local pedders to fit it after near killing myself fitting the springs to the struts , and very happy with it , pic is in my build thread

Great pics, did you buy complete kit or just springs and Coils?

After months of being messed around with some independent mobs, I finally had the Nav at ARB this week and had all my Mods installed with them. Very pleased with their service and the Nav's been fitted out with bar, winch, spotties, snorkel and OME suspension. Didnt realise how much better the new suspension is compared to stock!! Can't wait to get out and into the rough stuff and try it out!!. Thanks again for all suggestions this site has been awesome and slightly addictive!!!!

Latest posts

Back