Newbie looking for a truck.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teleman191

Reaction score
Hi all. I am Jono and I'm looking at a buying a navara in the near future. I have a few questions to start off.

1. Does anyone know the difference between an 03 d22 and 05 d22? What is the difference to warrant a 200 kg towing capacity difference favoring the earlier model? Or was it just the introduction of d40 that made that difference?

Also I owned a 2001 3ltr patrol that blew up about 6 months ago. I know the problems with the Zd30 but I am also awere that they seem to be a much better engine in the d22.

Not sure weather a 3ltr or 2.5ltr is gonna suit me but I would appreciate any comments from all you guys. Thanks.

Welcome, Navs are a great car, the only difference i know of between the 03 and 05 is the interior personally. I have owned a 02 and now own a 05 and notice no other differences.

Motors are fine in the zd30 just have to do the usual tricks (egr and butterfly, catch can) and the like.

As to which motor would best suit you, they are pretty much on par with each other as far as i know towing capacity and performance wise. My money stuck with a ZD30 as it is as powerfull as the 2.5 and i can make it more powerful with little money spent doing a couple of mods, and can later put a intercooler if i wish and have a spare 1.5k laying around.

I hope this helped

Haha well I have a territory if you. Want to swap for something. Lol
Give me some details if your serious. P.s I'm still getting finances together.

The ZD30 in the patrol had issues that the detuned D22 version just doesnt suffer from due to running a different Turbo and ECU ect, so dont be too scared of 3lt D22

Latest posts

Back