Nissan Australia are Pathetic

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greggy

Reaction score
Hi All, After purchasing our new D40 STX my wife and i set off to a fantastic trip to the Kimberleys from Brisbane. We had a great time but on return the front Factory Nissan Nudge bar had broken away from the chassis. Nissan told me because i had fitted a UHF Aerial onto the bar there would be no warranty.Has anyone else had any problems?? My chassis is cracked

How fuckin pathetic....

you need to push it further with Nissan.

What aerial is it.

Jim.

That's just a load of crap. Check the weld on the bolt mounts if it has broken around that area as it could have been shoddy welding if that is where it has broken or someone has fitted it wrong.

A few pic's on here would be a good idea so we can have a look and give you some more advice. I have seen spotties on these nudge bars and surley an arial doesn't weigh as much.

You mentioned you chassis is cracked !! Whats going on there Greggy? Try another dealer in your area or go back to the dealer and push the matter as hard as you can without losing your cool. Just mention A Current Affair as it would make a good story and the potential business loss should be enough to get the matter sorted as a last result but don't take no for an answer and you want the problem sorted and fixed.

If it's the bar chassis that is cracked maybe you should look at a bullbar as opposed to the nudge bar mate as they look better and if you plan on any more adventures it's a better option Greggy.

It could be worth going to a automotive engineer to give you a written assessment on the failure and a possible cause.
Take lot's of photo's and get as much written evidence from Nissan Aus and the dealer, you need to start a paper trail so you can lodge a case with the small claims tribunal.

Ask them for the disclaimer that says if you mount a UHF antenna your warranty will be voided as your chassis will crack .Ask them was it the extra weight or the extra wind resistance?
What a load of crap !
These peckerheads must all think we are as stupid as they are.

Crap, I got an ariel AND 2 Blitz 240's on me genuine bar,,, lucky there's no winch on there yet then ay :sarcastic:

seriously thou, I would take it to a different dealer. Either that or ask what's the difference between an ariel and driving lights that is meant to go on the nudge bars

Take it to an automotive engineer and get a report done.If your chassis is cracked it is unroadworthy and I would have the engineer goe over the hole chassis as to find out if your car is going to break in half or not.Is it a thai built one.I sore the difference in the thai and spanish built chassis the other day and the thai built one is shit.The spanish built one is like f250 chassis.(very big and sturdy and gusseted in all the right places)Thai built half the size and alot less gussets.

Every time I log on I see another story confirming as right, my descision to go back to older cars. That has to be the weakest argument ever in the history of piss poor excuses. A UHF ariel too heavy and broke the chassis. OMFG what are they building these days, how do they pass roadworthy. Photos please........ Dont stop pestering people untill this is rectified, they cant be allowed to do this to the public..... It actually makes me really angry they sell us this shit. Are we just gunna keep buying it or vote with our wallets... I have and its not getting opened for any of that shit...... GO THE D21

Was the Aerial fitted to a bracket already on the nudge bar ?

if so, then it was designed for additional accessories to be fitted to the bar - and warrantee MUST be provided, does not matter if it is a bracket for a light or anything else - the bar was designed for SOMETHING to be fitted.

An aerial would not weigh more than a decent spot light, therefore no additional load implied on the bar.

as for wind resitance, a thin aerial vrs a large spot light - no comparision - the spot light would loose every time.

I agree with F6 381 - just start to mention ACA ... AND then follow through. Once ACA start to make enquiry's, i expect that warrantee would be given real quick.

All you guys with Thai built cars dont lean on the front of your car as it might fall off.
Do the engineer thing and let them respond.If they dont come to the party do the current affair thing because they say anyone else with simalar problems with warrant issues to contact them.I would say a current affair would be inundated with calls and nissan would be changeing there undies.

those nudge bars arent held on by much. two brackets that mount to the chassis, two bolts that mount on the bottom of the engine cover and two long brackets that go thru the bumper and into the radiator support. though the way i find some other dealers fitting these (by complaints from customers complaining of looseness) they dont seem to be fitting the bumper brackets or the bottom bolts. just the brackets that mount to the chassis. in my opinion the plastic nudge bars are rubbish and they are just for looks, they are unlikely to cause damage to the chassis unless on impact. but i guess if this keeps happening they will eventually recall every car fitted with a nudgebar like they did with the bonnet recall.

How is Nissan Australia not richer then Toyota Australia by now ?

All these piss poor excuses on warrenty claims, all they do is make money.

Dave.

As the others have said Greg, it's BS.

Time to put your foot down and kick up a stink.

Welcome to the forum, Greggy.

Can you confirm the first 3 letters of your VIN (lower area, passenger side of windscreen if you can't find it in your paperwork). That will tell us where the vehicle is made. Mine is VSK, which means it's manufactured by Nissan in Spain.

I wouldn't bother with the idiot dealer you've got. You bought a brand new car. Nissan Australia will be interested to hear about this themselves - while they are in it for the money, they aren't totally stupid and won't let the dealer get away with something like this.

If you have the opportunity, take it to another dealer. Take photos. Get statements in writing - verbals don't cut it when you're providing evidence in a tribunal or court hearing.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back