Nissan Australia are Pathetic

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a load of crap the nudge bar is designed to take spot lights as mine originaly came with drilled holed so how could they say it could not support an aerial sounds like a pathetic dealership trying to save money, as said before name and shame.Hope it all works out ffor ya.

An aerial would not weigh more than a decent spot light, therefore no additional load implied on the bar.

as for wind resitance, a thin aerial vrs a large spot light - no comparision - the spot light would loose every time.
Late addition I know, and this won't contribute to the original problem, but the length of the aerial here will impact on force on the nudge bar. The force at the tip, being a long way from the nudge bar, will result in a larger turning moment (torque) than the shorter spotlight. Would still need to do the calcs to see which one affects the most, but the distribution of mass and area is as important as the actual mass.

Still shouldn't crack the chassis, but.

aerial puts on 9/10th of F all extra strain. don't forget the bar it designed to be HIT by other vehicles ie head on crash.

Hi All, After purchasing our new D40 STX my wife and i set off to a fantastic trip to the Kimberleys from Brisbane. We had a great time but on return the front Factory Nissan Nudge bar had broken away from the chassis. Nissan told me because i had fitted a UHF Aerial onto the bar there would be no warranty.Has anyone else had any problems?? My chassis is cracked
I have had similar problems with my D22 (2009) and received similar Nissan service (pathetic) .Cracked radiator support panels bot sides top and bottom,cracked bonnet support beam as well as cracked chassis to body mount gussetts. Nissan have stated "not a manufacturng fault" and that "vehicle has been off-road". My vehicle has never been off-road and Nissan's and even if it had Nissan's own decal on side of vehicle is '4X4 Off-Road' I urge you (and anyone else) to post on Nissan's own facebook page
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More Hopefully with enough posts Nissan will realise that these Navaras are lemons.

The decal is not a suggestion of the vehicles ability it's a sponsorship deal from the early 90's computer game called "Ironman 4x4 Offroad", but since they realised Ironman make more quality equipment than Nissan do they removed the first word in disgust.

The decal is not a suggestion of the vehicles ability it's a sponsorship deal from the early 90's computer game called "Ironman 4x4 Offroad", but since they realised Ironman make more quality equipment than Nissan do they removed the first word in disgust.

so nissan should also remove the decal on the drivers sun visor, the little gearstick next to the big one and all the info in the user manual refering to 4wd selection and above all give me a ten grand refund for selling me a 4WD Offroad ute thats not 'fit for purpose':rant:

No the extra stick is because some people think an extra knob to stick their hand on is more manly, enjoyable and desirable than a switch. The stickers are because the sun visors are also genuine parts for a Rav 4 and they NEED the sticker, the user manuals are just printed off the net to save time and the refund is unlikely because you should have been aware when you made the purchase.

No the extra stick is because some people think an extra knob to stick their hand on is more manly, enjoyable and desirable than a switch. .

Does that mean because i hang a stubbie holder on mine i am repressing my true feelings:sarcastic: Or am i pretending its a D40:3gears:

If yours isn't big enough to poke out the end of a stubby holder maybe it's not worth bragging about :ha:

No the extra stick is because some people think an extra knob to stick their hand on is more manly, enjoyable and desirable than a switch. The stickers are because the sun visors are also genuine parts for a Rav 4 and they NEED the sticker, the user manuals are just printed off the net to save time and the refund is unlikely because you should have been aware when you made the purchase.

stop giving those bastards at nissan free advice:rant:

Let's be clear about who said the vehicle wasn't designed for off-road use.

Was it a mechanic at a dealership who thought he knew which tool was the left-handed ring spanner, or was it Nissan themselves?

My money is on the dipshit mechanic, who probably drives a Hilux and is sick to bloody death of being rescued by Navaras every time he drives through a puddle.

My money is on the dipshit mechanic,

But it was argued vigorously on here that "Nissan Techs are the ultimate in clueyness",..better than all of us on this forum put together

regardless to say, joe public deals with the service manager and not the mechanics regarding ones vehicle, moreover the service manager or mechanic is a representative of Nissan and has been 'worded up' on how to deal with such instances and therefore its comming from Nissan.
So we are back to nissan being a BASTARD:rant::rant:

But at the end of the day all this started from a bullshit post, theres been no follow up and as has been said its not real without pics. And really its a fair bet this was put on here by a hilux owner who realizes who has the better vehicle, Maybe posts like this should be deleted there is no real gain for anyone on or looking through this forum,

You think Nissan are pathetic, and I'm not sayin different.
One of my clients has a Ford 4b turbo diesel, just inside warranty and the intercooler cracks.
Ok that's warranty, all fixed.
Two weeks later same symptoms, back to the dealer.
Oh it's only an I/c hose clamp came off, $90 later.
He's not the type to challenge em that MAYBE they didn't do it up properly during the install two weeks ago. He showed me which one it was, sure enough.
FLAMIN DOGS!!!
That is a mechanic with zero integrity. And a dealership / service manager with less.
They should be named and shamed.

Latest posts

Back