Nissan d22 tachometer problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janssen83

Reaction score
Hay guys 2010 nissan d22 str tachometer niddle starting to move around in between changing gears then comes fine again ! any ideas ? Is it electrical ? What should I look for first

Nah mate not really sure what else to say mate ! It just wobbles inbetelween changing gear and then if u are in say 4th and then just tap it a bit on the accelerater it will wobble as well ! I did wash the engine bay on sat but did nt notice it till today could it be moisture ? The other thing I could think of is that I had a mod plate fitted on Friday hope it hasn't clipped a wire don't think so I couldn't be that unlucky lol I do hope it's not my clutch but only 50000 ks on it so far but it has been feeling a bit shity latey in saying that but

does it rise or fall? and by how much?

i would slip test the clutch. by mem its drive at constant highway speed, keep accelerator at fixed position then push clutch in and drop it. if rpm shoots up and car doesn't accelerate then clutch is slipping.

done any driving through water lately?

It seems to go up about 200 rpm more once I change gears! But dose not over rev changes smooth wouldn't have even notice unless I was looking at the gauge Ill have to take more notice of the clutch tomorrow driving in to town ! And haven't been threw any water but like I said cleaned the engine down with the pursser cleaner on the weekend

Could just be the engine flexing on the mounts. If I do a rough gear change in mine the needle bounces a bit, all I can put it down to is flex in the mounts because the car jumps a bit at the same time from the rough change

Latest posts

Back