Nissan Stealership scheduled wallet emptying

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every 40k is a major. Repack front hubs, plus should be a full fluid change too I believe...

Engine oil, diff oils, transfer case, gearbox, brake and clutch fluid, front wheel bearings removed washed repacked new seals fitted, coolant, adjust rear brakes, air fuel oil filters, washer fluid, grease uni joints and steering stops, tighten belts, rotate tires (if requested)
lube doors.

That's what we do on a major.

Mine is about 300-350 on a major service.d40 tho so no bearing repack...private truck guy tho...sorry merredin nissan just nissan is bloody pricy...and its taking upgrade money away from my pocket and i like upgrades!

I'm only going to Nissan coz they price matched a quote from somewhere else. Saves me a couple hundred but still pricey

Engine oil, diff oils, transfer case, gearbox, brake and clutch fluid, front wheel bearings removed washed repacked new seals fitted, coolant, adjust rear brakes, air fuel oil filters, washer fluid, grease uni joints and steering stops, tighten belts, rotate tires (if requested)
lube doors.

I,m in no way hanging shit on you, BUT WASHER fluid, fark me its detergent and water. And all the theiving low life dealerships charge for it. It's a joke, surely something like that could be a courtesy. I told the mazda dealership who I begrudgingly get to service the wife's mazda to shove all there extra charges up there arse. Once the extended period on the warranty is up I wont be going back

lube doors.

Someone once said to me, if your going to the trouble of pulling the front hubs off to grease the bearings you may as well just put new ones in. Seemed like a good idea.

I,m in no way hanging shit on you, BUT WASHER fluid, fark me its detergent and water. And all the theiving low life dealerships charge for it. It's a joke, surely something like that could be a courtesy. I told the mazda dealership who I begrudgingly get to service the wife's mazda to shove all there extra charges up there arse. Once the extended period on the warranty is up I wont be going back

As a dealer we have to comply with Nissan's capped pricing we have no choice on that, so we have to buy and supply the washer additive as per Nissan's requirements. We buy it in a 20l drum and don't actually charge it same with the with the sump plug washers, BUT we use a c3 or c4 grade oil. We always aim to be under the caped service price and if we are under we give you the discount.

Someone once said to me, if your going to the trouble of pulling the front hubs off to grease the bearings you may as well just put new ones in. Seemed like a good idea.

Another also said if it aint broke dont touch it lol. I have seen original patrol bearings a 300000k still look brand new.

because we are rural dealer alot of our customers do the minor services and we do the majors just so we can keep an eye on them and help them out.

guys don,t think Nissan is the bad guy dealer with service works as other brands like Toyota / Mitsubishi etc are simular and even more costly. i find Nissan to be average in service costs.

As stated, I think most of the Nissan servicing prices are reasonable..... not the cheapest, but not the dearest either.
At the end of the day I understand a business needs to make money to stay viable, I am OK with that.
I am not OK when businesses get greedy with ridiculous profiteering.

Exhaust system manufacturers and fitters ... I'm looking at you.
Its shit grade thin walled tube. Even the staino is the lowest possible quality. Its not worth $1k+. Probably making 300-400% profit right there.

Is that Unley Nissan???

Looking for a good mechanic in Adelaide, for future work myself.

I've never been to them before I'll let u know after Thursday what they were like. I'm going to grand Nissan at Morphett vale

Is that Unley Nissan???
Looking for a good mechanic in Adelaide, for future work myself.

Unley nissan seem alright. Even wash ya car for you. My car has a full service history at unley nissan so i was taking it there when i first bought the car. But too far for me to travel now. And i wouldnt have them do any other work besides servicing

I've never been to them before I'll let u know after Thursday what they were like. I'm going to grand Nissan at Morphett vale

Sorry, i just assumed that you would have gone to Unley Nissan.
Seeing that it is closer to your home.
Yes would like to know how it goes at Grand Nissan...

Sorry, i just assumed that you would have gone to Unley Nissan.

Seeing that it is closer to your home.

Yes would like to know how it goes at Grand Nissan...

Unley nissan seem alright. Even wash ya car for you. My car has a full service history at unley nissan so i was taking it there when i first bought the car. But too far for me to travel now. And i wouldnt have them do any other work besides servicing

Na it's all good. I didn't know there was a Nissan at unley. I'm more familiar with the southern suburbs

Latest posts

Back