No Fuel gauge, no temp gauge, no glow lights [SOLVED]

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flynndog

Reaction score
I have a weird issue, in that the following is occurring.

On turning the car to start, I get no lights on the dash at all (glow plug, engine etc). When I start the car, I need to rev it to get the clock up and tacho etc going. Then I get the handbrake and seatbelt light, fuel light works etc.

Then I have no fuel level, unless it is at or under the last quarter of a tank. Same with the temp circuit. On occasion it will work which kind of rules out a fuse...

I have also lost my reverse lights.

I have done the fuses under the dash a few time etc.

Any idea where this issue may be coming from?

Have you played around with the stereo or anything near the dash?, it sounds like there may be an issue with the earth for the instrument cluster.

I'd agree with the above. The fuel gauge in the 2002 model D22 will be a direct read-from-resistor with a ground obtained from the instrument cluster. The first thing you could try is finding a decent earth and connect that to your stereo's metal case (which should be grounded, and is connected to the instrument cluster ground). If that works, you can either hunt down the faulty ground or say "Yup, fixed, next problem is ... how to open that beer... ahh, that one's easy!"

Reckon it could be the cluster control unit?

A few of the numbers on the gauge are no longer showing properly either?

Well, found the issue causing all of my issues by the looks of it.

The fuse #11 (Meter) had a dirty terminal....

Fixed all issue on dash as well.

Thanks for the replies and help

Latest posts

Back