no horn

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Presume you've put a test light or a multimeter across the circuit to check for continuity when the horn button is pressed?

The horn is activated by a relay which is protected by a 15A fuse, which is in the "Fusible Link Box No.2". Manual shows it to be behind the battery, should be a pair of 15A fuses together and the closest to the end of the box is the horn fuse.

So Tony, is the horn negative switching then?

Yeah Billy, I love it down here mate. Lived here for 3 years now - relocated from the north island. Can't ever see myself moving back, the family just love the lifestyle.

According to my manual, a green wire comes from the horn relay (positive input) to the horn, and a black wire from the horn to vehicle chassis.

I thought of an alternative too. Put this on your rear window:

url

You're dragging your van down? Well give me a whistle Billy, might be able to catch up. We're still dragging our van somewhere most weekends up until about end of April, so might even catch you in a park or campground. If you're after any info on particular areas, let me know mate. Happy to help if I can.

Or maybe the car thinks the people around left-hand corners don't matter? What is wrong with this, Mr Nissan? Lefties deserve a chance to get blasted by the girlie horn too!!!

I'd suspect either a bad earth on the steering column, or a loose/damaged wire in the steering column.

The clock spring is what they call the unit that connects all the connections from the steering wheel to the wiring in the column

Just checked in the manual and they call it a Spiral Cable

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back