No Limit D22 power chip ebay

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, had some thoughts about a chip in my brand new Nav 2.5 until I spoke to dealer mate and another mate who has 2 Navs a couple of years old that are chipped (used as work courier/delivery vehicles in spare parts business). Dealer reckons steer clear of chips unless only used around town - revs up and down all the time are ok. Told me some stories of melted engine bits/piston damage/heads warped etc during extended highway use. It seems that the chips cause fuel mixtures to become way too lean and erratic at highway speeds and damage is inevitable. Delivery Navs confirmed the advice - both were used on long trips during holiday periods and both went BANG in a big way. $7k damage to one and $5k the other.
No more thoughts of chips for me (unless crispy with salt and vinegar).

i think you'll find it's the other way around, too rich. diesels can't run "lean" as such, leaning the mixture off just results in less power and also lower egt's. richening up on the other hand (what most power chips do) raises egt's and without increased boost to compensate for the extra fuel they end up cooking pistons. that's why i'd never even consider running a chip without an egt gauge to keep an eye on things and probably a boost gauge too if you are going to increase the boost.

WHAT no zd 30 chip ! danm ! And at the right price too - these other chip makers have had it far too good for far too long ! they need a kick up the arse like this -well done Germany ! now make one for the zd30 ya buggers !

thinking of buying one of these chips... so whats the verdict are they a good budget chip and worth it or give it a miss?

I put a chip express on my Nav a month ago and the difference is like night and day...I also put an EGT gauge on at the same time...Most of the time it runs around 300 to 400 degrees.On a recent 2 week jaunt out to Birdsville,4600k's in 2 weeks it did get up to 700 on about 3 occasions when it was under load but by either changing down or just backing off a tad the temps drop back down to normal...Without the gauge I would have had no idea so who knows how hot it would have got.
My Nav is a 2003 single cab,3" system with EGR blocked off and catch can with 185000 ks on the clock and it is now running the best it has ever run since I have owned it...

Cheers...Sparra

on the 3ltrs mate they all do the same thing apart from the uni chip. they just extend the time the spill valve is open for. Each company might have a slightly different opening times depending on throttle input but in the end, "turning the chip up" increases the time all the same.

The uni chip is able to adjust one for thing in the fuel pump, a slight timing change, but that chip is like $1500.

sorry navd22yd, should have picked up sooner that you have a 2.5. seems to be strong opinions on increasing fuel rail pressure, if your happy with that, then the no limit chip will be no different to the other brands that just increase pressure. I'd def put on an EGT at the same time but, you'll sooner melt something before the fuel rail or pump dies without an egt is you ask me.

I've got the no limit chip on my ZD30 and have had no drama with it at all, but with the chip set high, its easy to get the temps to 700 when over taking hard or going up hills. thats 700 pre turbo as well.

Latest posts

Back