No power, and a strong smell of unburnt diesel fuel.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldMateTommo

Reaction score
Heyo people.

I recently bought a 1998 Nissan Navara 3.2l Diesel with 177,000k's. And maybe two weeks after I had gotten it, I started to notice that after a certain period of time (maybe 10 minutes) I'd start to lose power but very slowly. It almost felt like there was something stopping me from revving it beyond maybe 2000 revs. It would go a bit above that (maybe 3000, I don't know the car doesn't actually have a tachometer) then immediately go back down to possibly below 2000 revs. It's now gotten to the point where in first gear on flat ground, you could put your foot to the floor and you could probably jog or walk faster than it. And you cant actually go into second by the looks of things, I haven't tried but you'd definitely stall. And there's a really strong smell of unburnt fuel, The air filter isn't blocked so that's probably not it, Oil is fine, and I don't think it's temperature related. Because now no matter when it is or how long you leave the car sit. its always got this issue and its no longer time based as I mentioned at the start. Anyone got any ideas?

(Also yes, I'm new here so I don't really know where else this post should've gone except here)

smell of diesel.. definately leek somewere Maybe at injectors should see some black ooze. my issue was no power and slowing down max speed 50klm . had blocked line in tank,removed fuel cap disconected delivery to filter, tried using lung power , no go used compressor, also there is a tiny filter at delivery point at injector pump ,need fine pointed obj to flick it out and try cleaning it. should be able to search in this platform for people having same fuel issue

Latest posts

Back