No Reverse Lights or Camera in 550 HELP!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinista

Reaction score
So the story begins with removing my sports bar from my 2012 550 which has the factory brake light the other week so i could get some brackets welded to it for a set of spotties. upon reinstalling the bar and hooking the cable back up under the tray, i did a test make sure the lights worked and noticed the reverse camera wasnt responding when reverse is selected. hopped out and got a friend to engage reverse for me neither of the reverse lights are working either. yet indicators and brakes and parkers are all fine.

1. I have tested for power at the lights socket, trailer plug.
2.checked all fuses and relays in the cab and engine bay. all fine.
3. checked for power at the fuses and relays. dead . nothing.

which makes me think the gearbox isnt sending the reverse signal. however on the dash i am getting the reverse symbol.....

whats your thoughts on this
any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Check the earths around the back of the ute, also fuse 51 in the IPDM, the IPDM is the flat pain in the arse box on the passanger side near the firewall, it's a 10A fuse.
being Auto it will show up on the dash as being in reverse if switch is ok.
so post a picture of which fuse boxes you have checked so we can make sure you looked in the right one.
there a 3 under the bonnet.

Last edited:
Check the earths around the back of the ute, also fuse 51 in the IPDM, the IPDM is the flat pain in the arse box on the passanger side near the firewall, it's a 10A fuse.
being Auto it will show up on the dash as being in reverse if switch is ok.
so post a picture of which fuse boxes you have checked so we can make sure you looked in the right one.
there a 3 under the bonnet.

Thank you for your reply
3 Under the bonnet? i found two under the bonnet and one behind the glovebox.

Yep 3 , one near battery, two on passenger side, the one you need to check is right up against the firewall and square flat box 20cm ish , ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397475197.897868.jpg
Shit photo but this is it,

You Sir, are a scholar and a wizard!
Thank you so much. i may be blind but I am positive this box is not listed in the manual at all....
lights and camera are all functioning again!

Nah electrics are shit easy for me, that little box is a marvellous design but can be a pain in the arse if you don't know it's there,

PS by the way your girl is still sticking her finger up tell her to stop watching transformers and start digging lol

Latest posts

Back