No TURBO

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowlyf

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Went to the shops before, car was running fine.:rock:
Came out drove off and the turbo wasnt kicking in at all.
Pulled over to see if any hoses had come off but none had.:suicide2:
Went to another shop for maybe 5 mins.
Came out and drove off and everythings fine again:dancing:
Has anyone had this problem before and know what it is??
Its a 2010 D40 140kw
:cheers!:

not on the Nav, but on a Peugeot 306DTurbo I used to have, I had the same thing, turned out to be a split hose, which I guess was letting all the boost out. (diagnosed & fixed by a mechanic, not me)

Yeah its fine now though!
It is as though it never even happened
It only has 6000k on the clock

Hi, my brother and I both have st-x just over 4000ks old. Mine did it once at 600ks, and I called Nissan and got it towed. They found nothing wrong and it's been fine since. My brothers just did it the other day, and fixed itself after turning it off and waiting a bit. I thought we might be imagining it, bit I was speaking to the service manager of a dealership I used to work at, and he said his demo ha done it twice, and both times there has been no stored faults. He's gonna let me know if he finds anything.

There have been issues with the actuators on some ST models. I wonder if there's a new problem with the actuator, or commands going to the actuator? I'm not sure the ECU would pick that up - it should be able to determine that an actuator open request has been followed by a lack of boost (pressure sensor in the inlet manifold should detect this) calculated along with data from the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor in the intake (between the air filter and the turbo inlet).

I'm not sure if they actually DO record that. The O2 sensor in the exhaust would also record a lack of oxygen (= rich running) with little or no variation until it reduced the injector duration enough - again, it may not record this, but it's another way to tell if the turbo isn't doing its job.

Hey guys,
Had the same problem again this morning, this time it done it while i was at the lights.
It went fine before i stopped and then when i took off, NO F@#KING TURBO. Went straight round the corner to the dealership, they plugged it in and he said he had an error code come up and was sayin sumthn about the boost actuator. He advised me not to drive it and had to leave the car with them.
Will update when i find out what the problem was!

There have been issues with the actuators on some ST models. I wonder if there's a new problem with the actuator, or commands going to the actuator? I'm not sure the ECU would pick that up - it should be able to determine that an actuator open request has been followed by a lack of boost (pressure sensor in the inlet manifold should detect this) calculated along with data from the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor in the intake (between the air filter and the turbo inlet).

I'm not sure if they actually DO record that. The O2 sensor in the exhaust would also record a lack of oxygen (= rich running) with little or no variation until it reduced the injector duration enough - again, it may not record this, but it's another way to tell if the turbo isn't doing its job.

As far as I'm aware the turbo actuator is controlled like any old turbo, boost line to ecu controlled boost controller then to actuator.
If the ecu does nothing, the car should run the predesignated boost level set by the actuator. Typically 7/8 Psi. If the ecu provided input it can run higher boost, buy blocking or modifying the pressure that goes to the actuator. If the ecu completely blocks the actuator line the turbo will run infinite boost.

anyway both situations here would have the car boosting.

diesels have a habit of not boosting if the fuel pump does not provide enough diesel. They need to run rich/hot to get the turbo spooling. When my patrols fuel pump was on the way out it would randomly stop boosting when it was not delivering enough diesel, however ran fine off boost.

The d40 Navaras have electronically assisted fuel pumps right? perhaps check all the sensors etc around this circuit. Perhaps the car got confused for a moment, thought it was running rich, leaned out the mix and ran so lean the turbo would not spool.

not sure if this applies to the d40, but some other Nissan have a pressure release valve in the intake. This usually bleeds off boost when it gets to high, an is a simple spring activated system. Once again my patrol had one, was meant to open at 10 psi, but started opening at 4-3-2-1 psi untill it was just leaking everything. Anyway, check if you have a over boost valve in the intake track and make sure its not broken.

Hey guys,
Dealership called this arvo and said the turbo is the problem and the car will have to stay with them for 2 weeks until a new one arrives from Japan!
I think he said they have traced the error code back and this is the problem
I dont think this will make any difference since the the car runs perfect when it is boosting!

Latest posts

Back