Noise after lift ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jased22

Reaction score
Hi, Iv got a bad noise coming from the nav since having new springs fitted. Taking it back in monday if the place is open. The rear end sits at 780mm bottom of rim to guard. Had no brake issues before. Something ls rubbing as it spins. Hear it when braking, but also when down gearing. No noise at all when accelerating. No vibrations or anything. It seems to be getting a bit better. It isnt doing it in 4th gear backing of the throttle any more. Could this be something to do with the tailshaft??

Cheers

Have a look and see if one of the thin metal brake disc covers had got a bit bent and could be rubbing on the inside of one of the discs. Or could be a little stone in there. I do alot of gravel driving and this often happens on mine. I ended up bending the cover back out of the way and never happens now.

Have a look and see if one of the thin metal brake disc covers had got a bit bent and could be rubbing on the inside of one of the discs. Or could be a little stone in there. I do alot of gravel driving and this often happens on mine. I ended up bending the cover back out of the way and never happens now.[/QUOTE

Alright I'll have a look hopefully it's something as simple as that. Cheers mate

I've heard you can get wedges that rotate the diff housing slightly to fix the uni angle. It's only small, something like 3 degrees. Might be the problem.

I've heard you can get wedges that rotate the diff housing slightly to fix the uni angle. It's only small, something like 3 degrees. Might be the problem.
Castor wedges. They fix the pinion angle that is created by the lift. Normally they aren't needed for long wheel base vehicles, but if your uni joints are worn they may make noise after a lift.

Yeah but i thought you usually get a vibration form the pinion angle being out? Its only 15mm higher then it was in the rear

I measured mine today as best I could and got 7 deg at the gearbox and 3 deg at the pinion/tail shaft end plate . Going by what I have read the diff needs to be .5 to 1 deg below centre, so am thinking I need a 2.5deg shim/wedge? I may still have to add a tail shaft spacer to get the centre bearing to sit where it should- the 2.5deg shim may help with this also.. and it goes on!

Latest posts

Back