Not really new

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat bax

Reaction score
Hey all
Been a member for a while but not said hello for some reason. Any way finally decided to say hello, so Hello. Also kinda wanna show off my Nav, wanted a ute/ pickup since being a kid and finally got a new D40 last year and today finally got my bully fitted with spots. Got an awesome deal from Albany ARB and well pleased with the result. Just gotta pay for it now.
Again hello.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 11,764
Cheers guys
Have been looking at this site heaps and loads of useful info to help me along the way. Love my Nav but had a few issues along the way. A new engine at 20,000 K is the main one but all sorted and all reimbursed so all happy now.

I know what you mean, when it went bang I had second thoughts about nissan, but when it was in the shop it was like I was in mourning and couldn't wait to get it back.

Tehehehehe I was just giving u shit coz I've got a d22 lol
But ye I'm pretty sick of my mates saying how much of a lemon nissans are :( glad to hear u got all her troubles sorted!

Hey I reckon there all the same, I've looked on forums for hilux, ranger and all the rest. They all have the same and their own problems. I got mine because of a great price, comfy interior and the wife saying it's the best looking one. And I've only done a bit of fourby-ing and it does the same as the rest.

The problem with nissan now is that they arn't all nissan the engines are poached from other manufacturers. I think the TD42 was one of the last Diesel engines nissan made themselves. I think you were just unlucky, if you do the right mods they should go the distance. Have fun with it.

Cheers. Brad.

So they tell me and I am surprised they did, but when they built the engine someone/thing put an extra spring washer in, on around one of the tappits (can't spell). Now I always said it had no power, others were in high range whilst I was struggling in low range and finally when we were 30 km from anywhere it just stopped and would not restart. Now this washer thing dislodged and resulted in bent valve rods, knackered crank and totalled the whole lot. So new engine please.

Latest posts

Back