NSW Nav meet.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Trip report

9 Mighty Navara's hit the trails today. Creeks, Hills, Trees, Mud, Views, food on the fire, and bull$**t talked.

If I could steal a quote it would have to be Llllladnar's famous "It was really really good"

I didn't take any, but a few camera's were floating around. I'm sure some photos will be posted as people get home tomorrow etc.

This is the only pic I took, before we headed out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 68
Very enjoyable weekend!

That's Sparra way down in front followed by Old Tony, Bravobrad then myself, a nice steep decent.
image-1547193005.jpg

GlenSTR driving some deep mudded ruts

image-3272149406.jpg

Cheers Brad

it was a great weekend
for those who turned up fri night it was several beverages and a good yarn
we all headed out sat morning for a play
there was a bit of mud play ,creek crossings and some nice steep tracks
one d22 needed winching followed by a d40 shortly after
some went back to camp at 1pm,had lunch and headed back out
others continued on after a picnic lunch in the forest
i believe a d22 suffered some steering issues
brad (b1) got some new pinstripes,adjusted his side step
brad (b2) led us all up the garden path and gave his chainsaw a workout (some good reversing practise)
old tony had some white knuckle moments in the sat arvo run along boundry road
back to camp sat night with heaps of firewood and a good feed of yabbies
unfortunatly sometime sunday morning early while we were all sleeping an esky and fishing gear went missing
i didn't get any action shots ,but joel is sorting out his pics now and old tony took a few also

pic of the navs at camp
IMAG0539_zpse448132f.jpg

IMAG0541_zpse0c185b1.jpg

our pup meeting her 1st yabbie
IMAG0534_zpsdce77b1f.jpg

Last edited:
Was a great weekend, lots of chewing the fat amung the boys.
Nice drive on saturday, nothing to hard. We had one new comer to 4x4ing and a couple of completly standard Nav's (my new 550 being one of them, shock for me as I'm use to being higher then most). I did belly out in one ramp over losing traction.
Was a shame about the missing esky and fish gear this-morning, Shebba dam is a very nice area and to have something like that happen sort of spoils it.

On a side note if anyone is interested in the performance of a new STX or STX 550.
(mine is a STX with the 550 V6, but for this story I'll just call it a 550)
As I said, with the standard ride hight I did bottom out on one ramp over, this was a drivers fault as I should have chosen a different line rather then follow the higher nav's. The 550 did perform well, other then when I bellied out n' got stuck, I only hit the ground I other time moving those stock steps back a bit.
The new bullbar by ARB does stick out a bit further then a normal D40, which does reduce your approach angle, but this only hampered me once and was easily fixed with a couple of rocks.
The power of the 550 is unbelievable and it climbed the hills with ease.
Can't wait for the Suspension mod's to start, this will be one awesome bit of gear.

looks like a good trip. wish i had watched the forum closer and realised what was going on! jealous that i missed out! next time!

That was a great run, thanks everyone who organised, led, helped or just came along and had fun.

The boundary road was exhilarating. It was the most technically difficult 4WDing I've ever done and if I was accompanied by Sparra I'd not hesitate to do that again. Thanks mate, for giving me a great experience!

My car survived with only minor scars and quite a few kilos of mud. I've pulled the footage from the black box recorder and there's a beauty that shows how steep the drop was on that downhill where the road turned to the right immediately after the dropover. If I work out how to put that on YouTube I'll do it.

Llad pulled up so we could check out the locals

image-1854371547.jpg

image-4180493066.jpg

What the pic doesn't really show is how steep this track was, Brad wouldn't have been able to see the track until his back wheels are where his front ones are in the pic

image-821495178.jpg

Cheers Brad

P.S, Sparra didn't have to serve drinks naked!!!

when is the next meet? or do you guys also offer Newbie training? We've done some 4by tracks lately however not too extreme not even mild, just some easy going tracks - but I really want to get some newbie training if possible.

ps hopefully next trip is somewhere clsoe to sydney :)

when is the next meet? or do you guys also offer Newbie training? We've done some 4by tracks lately however not too extreme not even mild, just some easy going tracks - but I really want to get some newbie training if possible.

ps hopefully next trip is somewhere clsoe to sydney :)

We usually plan trips throughout the year, there will probably only be a couple of day trips this year as there is a lot of people goin on two big trips this year (cape & muster in QLD).
We always welcome newbies, josh had never really be 4WDing and came last weekend.
As for location, we plan them too area suggested by the majority, so keep your eye on the NSW section for the next trip.

We usually plan trips throughout the year, there will probably only be a couple of day trips this year as there is a lot of people goin on two big trips this year (cape & muster in QLD).
We always welcome newbies, josh had never really be 4WDing and came last weekend.
As for location, we plan them too area suggested by the majority, so keep your eye on the NSW section for the next trip.

Thanks mate will keep an eye out - very keen to go out with other navaras

Back