Offset, Need a straight answer please.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny Coaster

Reaction score
Can any1 with 265/75r16 on a 0 offset rim please let me no if they overhang the guards and if so by how much and are flare extensions needed....? I want to purchase MT Sidebiter 16x8 rims but they only come in a 0 offset so if they are going to create to much drama I will find something else

Cheers

I have 275x75x16 on my D22 with ghecko 16x8 zero offset and they overhang by about 60mm. haven't had to cover them up yet

Thanks for the reply mate, I'm about a day off buying a set of Mickey T Sidebiter rims 16x8 0 offset wrapped in 265/75R16 KM2's and just want to make sure i'm making the the right decision with the rims

I have 8' wide zero offset rims with 265/75r16 big horns and they stick out about 20mm. havnt worried about flare extentions and havnt been pulled over in the nav in the last 2years

Thanks Bryce, really appriciate the feedback mate...... Not a fan of the flare extensions and pretty bloody keen on these rims and they only come in a 0 offset and getting them from the states at a cracker of a price...... did you have to remove your front guard...?

had to do a bit of bit of bending behind the wheel and i only have a 2inch lift. your welcome to have a look if your in brisbane one day other wise there are pics in my build thread http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=14823

and here is a pic of my duel cab with the zero offset rims

Attachments

• DSC_0394.jpg
    DSC_0394.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 79
The tread is pretty much online with the guard but the tyre walls do extend past the guard. More so on the front, but it's not bad and really it would be bad luck to get you pinged.

Advantages to the wider track are looks, stability off road and helps protect the guards from banks more.

Disadvantages would be a little harder to track straight on the road, more capacity gets flicked up the side of your car, more work needed on the guard to stop rubbing.

Either way any wheel past +27mm is technically illegal in Australia (for stock tyre width and 7" rims) so be it 0 or +20 you could get a defect so I reckon go all the way as the range is much better in 0.

Last edited:
Cheres for the pic Bryce, I have a 2an2 lift getting done at Zordo's in 4wks so hopefully I'll have a bit more space under the guards.
And Al your advise was exactly what I was after mate and your Nav looks the goods, pretty impressive list of mods you've got going on as well.
Anyway stuff it, 0 offset it is and hopefully the km2's don't disappoint and the Taipan chip and exhaust should help with the power

Sunny Coaster said:
Cheres for the pic Bryce, I have a 2an2 lift getting done at Zordo's in 4wks so hopefully I'll have a bit more space under the guards.
And Al your advise was exactly what I was after mate and your Nav looks the goods, pretty impressive list of mods you've got going on as well.
Anyway stuff it, 0 offset it is and hopefully the km2's don't disappoint and the Taipan chip and exhaust should help with the power

I wish zordo was down in nsw, no one here seems to want the job!

The guy is just as much of a legend as everybody makes out, He pretty much no's all there is to no when it comes to suspension, he doesn't bulldhit and he's more than happy to give you his time to help...... Funny how people that own companies are more than happy to turn the work away, thats why I'm buying wheel and tyre's from the states

Latest posts

Back