Oil Catch Can Information

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Filter changes in Provent 200

Could all you blokes out there with Provent 200's installed give me an idea of how often the filter in these needs to be replaced.
I understand that they cannot me washed out and reused and at about $88 for a replacement I would not want to be doing it very often.
Thanks RedDog

Could all you blokes out there with Provent 200's installed give me an idea of how often the filter in these needs to be replaced.
I understand that they cannot me washed out and reused and at about $88 for a replacement I would not want to be doing it very often.
Thanks RedDog

just got mine and it says around 80-85k to change...

okay im going to sound like a compleat noob here. but what is an oil catch can?? and what does it do?

Thanks for advice

Thanks for the advice on changing the filter in the Provent 200's.
I purchased one from Western Filters and didn't get any info with it.
80,000 km seems pretty good.

ahm im not at all mechanically minded well apart from the oil changes and easy stuff like that. how are these ProVent 200 installed and will i lose any performance/power from doing this?? any pros cons to this mod aswell???

thanks
RustyNav09

RustyNav09,
Do a search on "Provent 200" or "Catch Can". There are spme good threads with pics of a few different installations.
You won't get any change in performance - all it does is remove the oil from the blowby gas (crankcase ventilation system) and stops it from being returned to the inlet manifold.
reddog

Hi to all you navara buffs in the community, i have just become a member due to buying a second hand 2006 3.0L D22 STR. Man i am super wrapt !! Can't wait to pick it up...having had a 2004 version as a company car from new until just recently when boss hog decided to trade her in for a ford ute of all things !! Hell did i miss my old best friend !! So much that i had to have another to haul me out of depression. Just a little concerned about the presence of dry oily leaky crap sitting around bottom of turbo housing though. I didnt notice such a thing on the previous Nav i had which had done same mileage ( 150000k's). It seems perfect to drive and feels just like the old baby...should i be concerned?

Na it should be fine, put a catch can on though.

As with buying anything get it checked out though.

Dave.

hi forum ppls

ive come to a stuck corner about oil catch cans. i was all go for the ProVent 200 oil catch can, but ive now come across a PCV Oil Catch Can(metal). whats better? i know provent replacement filters are $90each and the PCV are $22 each. what should i be looking for in a oil catch can?

here is the internet thread for PCV PCV Oil Catch Can (Metal) « Diesel Chips, Mod and Modules for 4WD

mate i went with the provent 1 as it is known on here and a lot of people have them and have no complaints....

hi forum ppls

ive come to a stuck corner about oil catch cans. i was all go for the ProVent 200 oil catch can, but ive now come across a PCV Oil Catch Can(metal). whats better? i know provent replacement filters are $90each and the PCV are $22 each. what should i be looking for in a oil catch can?

here is the internet thread for PCV PCV Oil Catch Can (Metal) « Diesel Chips, Mod and Modules for 4WD

that chipit one looks like a fuel/oil filter. the inlet hoses look to small and theres no drain hose. i would suspect the internal pipes are way to small. with such a small one it will fill with oil very quickly and pour straight oil down the intake. it needs a drain at the bottom or a much longer filter.

the provent is a commercial proper design not a home made design. it also has bypass vents so if the filter blocks up it will bypass the gas and not blow your motor seals.

apart from being illegal in AU, it would still need something inside the can to filter out the oil from the gas.
i used one of those filters it has on the outside but on the in pipe inside the can.

Back