oil changed at mechanic car turning of on idle/driving

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where is the fuel rail sensor connecting plug?

the problem was happening before the fuel filter was changed.

what is the SVC

I will check the oil tomorrow. I did mention that maybe they used to much oil. the drained 500m out. same problem again.

really hoping this thing can get me from Newcastle to Canberra this Friday

Relax. 7.5l is correct.

Suction control valve.
Plenty of info on here for it.

Must be GENUINE fuel filter

Sent via smoke signals

My car just stopped [engine wise] driving up the hill and right as I was to turn into our driveway. Engine dead but dash electrics etc still working. It gave a small jolt like the ac turning on then dead, wouldn't crank over at all. It started again after a couple of minutes. I give the car the once over, there was hardly any water in the battery, topped it up and the car has not missed a beat since [5-6months]

wont be the fuel filter as it done this before the fuel filter.

I just went in for oil and oil filter change and it started happening.

when I took it back we started it and the engine started shaking almost turned of in front of him.

Ok no worries. I know nothing yea?

Just like when my truck did similar. 4 weeks after my service.
Hope you find the problem!

Sent via smoke signals

you sound offended?

I'm just saying i don't think its the fuel filter as it got changed after it already started doing this problem. the car has been fine the last few months with the previous filter that was installed is what i am saying.

any admins no of a good MAFS sensor or SCV threads with pics and info?

struggling to find a decent one on how to check and where they are?

cheers

Unfortunately you can't search for 3-letter words or less. I might look into that. However, searching for 'suction control valve' should provide the same results.

It could be the suction control valve but I'd grab a can of Liqui Moly Fuel System Treatment from Supercheap and throw it in. I've thrown in a full can with half a tank of fuel, haven't filled it with diesel, and it works superbly. You should see a result in 100-200km tops. Car will run smoother, won't 'hunt' or stagger at idle ... that's if the problem is in the fuel system. And it could well be, given that the lights remain on after the engine stops - indicating that it's likely to not be an electrical issue.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't check the battery. A poor battery can be a cause of issues, same as dirty terminals.

Fuel filters are painful buggers. Unless they're genuine, the central o-ring doesn't form a perfect seal. Now that doesn't mean the filter will leak - it sits high in the engine bay above the fuel pump which sits low on the right hand side of the motor. What does happen is the seal allows air into the fuel system and allows fuel to drain back to the tank making starting difficult. If this is the problem, you'll find the primer bulb will take more than 4-5 squeezes before it's firm. If yours firms up quickly, the fuel filter is likely to be good. It should be noted that even genuine filters must be aligned properly (and near perfectly) or even they can cause issues.

And for the record ... I am the only active admin here.

Latest posts

Back