Oil coming from turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't look real flash. Do you have a catch can? Could be the turbo is ingesting a lot of blow-by oil (which will slowly root your compressor wheel) but it shouldn't be leaking like that. There should be a proper seal between the compressor housing and the back-plate.
Hopefully its not coming from the turbo. My stock turbo and intake piping were swimming in oil when i pulled it apart. I thought it was blow-by even though i have a good catch-can. The fins on the compressor were eroded and covered in gunge on the lee-facing sides. Since fitting a new turbo its been clean as a whistle and dry as a nuns proverbial in there, at least last time i checked.
Let us know what Uncle Forefront says.

First thing they asked is if i have a catch can installed, which i do, Provent 200 which i believe is ment to be a good one, got installed before the new turbo and gets regularly emptied. Gets serviced every 5000km, cant stress enough how well this ute gets looked after but cant seem to catch a break with it, always something new to go wrong.

I wont get a chance until the weekend to take a look inside and see whats going on which is what Forefront have asked me to do..

Latest posts

Back