Oil Filter Replacement at 10k

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavaraD22

Reaction score
I'm about to send the Nav in for it's 10k service. I'm not sure if I will send to Nissan dealer or not.

I was just checking the Maintenance Manual and I notice that the D22 with YD engine doesn't get an oil filter replacement til the 20k service.

Should I ask them specifically to replace it? or is it fine to last til 20k?

This quote is pretty old (Hence the unit of measure) but says it all for me.

"The dirtiest quart of oil in your engine"

I did the oil in my D22 at 5000km intervals (Roughly) and changed the filter very time, I do the same in my R51 Pathfinder. The coupe in my avatar however! About 200KM between oil changes!

Have another read of your service book. The YD engine does have a filter change at 10k. I just checked mine.

Regards

Greg

I'm about to send the Nav in for it's 10k service. I'm not sure if I will send to Nissan dealer or not.

I was just checking the Maintenance Manual and I notice that the D22 with YD engine doesn't get an oil filter replacement til the 20k service.

Should I ask them specifically to replace it? or is it fine to last til 20k?

Make sure it gets changed.
I'm assuming its your first proper service and if so you need to have it changed.
You'll find that being the original filter since the factory, it will have some casting and machining debris collected in it.
I've got my original filter that i changed at about 1800k and cut it open and found the debri inside.
Unfortunately this is normal.
All the rest since then have been free of such debri.

:cheers!:

Have another read of your service book. The YD engine does have a filter change at 10k. I just checked mine.

Regards

Greg

My manual states 'replace oil filter (except D22 with YD engine)'. The entry below for YD engine is not ticked except for severe driving.

I'll ask them to replace it anyway. Might mark it first so i know its been changed... I cant do it myself cos its fitted so tightly.

Make sure it gets changed.
I'm assuming its your first proper service and if so you need to have it changed.
You'll find that being the original filter since the factory, it will have some casting and machining debris collected in it.
I've got my original filter that i changed at about 1800k and cut it open and found the debri inside.
Unfortunately this is normal.
All the rest since then have been free of such debri.

:cheers!:

Exactly right.

I did my first oil and filter at 4200km. in my opinion, the first oil and filter change is the most important.

Regards

Greg

My manual states 'replace oil filter (except D22 with YD engine)'. The entry below for YD engine is not ticked except for severe driving.

I'll ask them to replace it anyway. Might mark it first so i know its been changed... I cant do it myself cos its fitted so tightly.

Mine was rediculously tight too. And it is awkward to get a good grasp. i bought a strap wrench to remove mine.

Regards

Greg

Take it from experience.
Have your 10k service done at a Nissan dealership. Bring up every little fault and failing that you may have noticed since it was first delivered to you. The paper trail is very important in the future. 10k is the first oil and filter change and kick of the tyres.
The cost of a 10k service at the dealership vs old mate down the road is minimal.
I struck gold today and have got in touch with an Engineer from Nissan in a round about way who will hopefully listen to my pleas of how badly my vehicle has been manufactured. I have the paper trail from Nissan dealers to prove it.

I struck gold today and have got in touch with an Engineer from Nissan in a round about way who will hopefully listen to my pleas of how badly my vehicle has been manufactured.

This sounds interesting?

This sounds interesting?

I'll elaborate further at a later time.
Lets just say that the place I took it to today for a wheel alignment couldn't achieve factory specs and after 3 hours phone calls were made. Realy keen to see where it leads. Even a Dumb ass like myself noticed when refitting the upper control arm last night that things were not right.

service done

just had 10K service done and they did change my oil filter - i marked it so i would know.

Back