Oil Leak, V6 VG33E

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raywise

Reaction score
Typical, I get the timing belt done by my mechanic a few months ago, and today I noticed a few drops of oil on the concrete. Knowing that this Navvy leaked not one drop of oil when I bought it, I was pretty concerned.

From underneath it looks to be coming from the front of the block, high up, and looking further other Nissan forums say that usually the culprit is one of the camshaft seals. BAH! These sit behind the timing cover plate, and I'm fairly sure my mechanic did not change these when the belt was done. Apparantley it is recommended to do these at the same time seeing so much gear has to come off in the first place.

I found a couple of guides on how to do all of this, and funny enough the Nissan service manual says you have to REMOVE the camshafts to replace the seals, although the guides with photos say you definatley do NOT need to do this step. Have any of the other 3? V6 owners on this forum done this job?

Oh well, time to weight up doing the job vs paying my guy several hundred dollars to do it.

I'll say it again, BAH!!!!:rant:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back