oil light flashing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did oil change oil pressure light was flashing turned it off checked my work all sweet started it again light still flashing, turned it off let the the car sit 2 hours checked oil level spot on, started vehicle still on reved car to get some oil flow still on? never said anything about low oil level.

doesnt matter i like the car, i like the space, i like the way it drives just dont like everything im rading as far as problems go and nissan fucked attitude towards warranty.

I wonder if the oil pressure sensor is faulty, blocked or there's simply a loose connector on it?

The workshop manual describes a process of removing the oil pressure switch and connecting a gauge (part number ST25051001) via a hose with connector (part number ST25052000) and monitoring the oil pressure, referring to the following chart:

Idle Speed - more than 120KPa
2,000rpm - more than 250KPa

when the engine oil is at 80C. It has a specific warning that "When engine oil temperature is low, engine oil pressure becomes high". It states that if the difference is extreme, check [the] oil passage and oil pump for leaks.

Hi all,

I have a 2010 Pathy series 4. Re the door open and oil light. No coincidence. If i start the car on a down hill slope and start it with the door open, the low oil light will come on. If i start it with the door shut, it doesnt come on. My parents have the same car but a Ti and does the same. The reset procedure involves the use of the door... It is on the pathy forum how to reset.

Hope this helps

Still find it hard to believe the door switch (or is it wireless from the door hinge?) is connected to the oil light. I often start my ute on a slope with and without the door open because my driveway has a 27 degree slope on it and the farms are mountain goat country and I've only ever seen the low oil light twice and one of those times was on flat ground.

However I also find it hard to believe putting oil in diesel has benefits, or putting hydrogen in tyres has benefits so my disbelief shouldn't effect what others think. Maybe if someone was able to produce a schematic showing the two items electrically connected somewhere in the cars system it might be a little more believable though.

im surprised you came back to carry on after nearly 2 years lol

Carry on? Never left been on here the whole time! I had a little rant is there a problem with cracking a sad? Does your car not have problems?

Haha nah mate i wasnt having a dig, i was just surprised you remembered this thread from nearly two years ago. I cant even remember threads i posted two weeks ago lol. And nah, 147xxx kms and mine only needs a pinion seal in the diff. Best car i have owned out of five.

Last edited:
after being parked on a slope for 6 or 7 hours in full sun, my oil light flashed on start up for about 20 seconds - I haven't been able to repeat this starting from cold...the oil level appears to be OK - the vehicle is a couple of hundred KM overdue for an oil change.
any ideas?

The lower section of the oil pan isn't very large and if your oil level was normal, it should have been full so physically you might have been fine.

However the oil level sensor sits towards the rear on the right hand side of the engine. A significant nose-down or left-side-low attitude could uncover the sensor.

Latest posts

Back