Oil light on start up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heathen

Reaction score
Hi all, I have an odd problem on my 05, d22, ZD30, Navara.
When i do an oil filter change the oil pressure light takes about 5-6 seconds to go out as the oil pump has to fill the empty oil filter housing before the oil pressure comes up....
My problem is that when i leave my ute for a couple of hours then start it up, the oil light takes 5-6 seconds to go out, it appears that the oil is draining from the filter housing when shut down...i thought the filter housing would have a valve to prevent this happening....is this normal?????

I look forward to hearing other owners comparisons...thanks.

Mine does the same. Don't think it is an issue. I usually let it warm up for a minute or two before i take off.

Mine didn't do it until I changed to a different oil. It originally only lit up for a second or two.
I now use Penrite HPR Diesel 5W-40 and ever since I switched, the oil light now takes 4-5 seconds to go out.
Dean

hi i have a 2006 d22 and my light say on for about 4-5 seconds when cold i use magnatec 10w40 oil and nissan filter.cheers pappy

Mine on cold start up can take a few seconds for the light to go out.

Only ever changed the oil in my Navara once, did it the other day because my mechanic couldn't fit me in.

It took a few seconds to go out but I am not worried, I use to own a KA24E powered Nissan Pintara that did the same. Has over 300,000km's on the clock and is still going fine, odometer stopped for about 2 years so would have over 350,000km's on the engine.

As far as I know its never been rebuilt.

Dave.

Thanks for the input guys....sounds like it's pretty much the norm and I've nothing to worry about...

Latest posts

Back