Oils aint Oils Sol

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even when am just starting the truck to move it I always leave it running till it gets to at least 80 degrees.
Normal running temps are 90 to 92 degrees according to Scangauge

Weird how most manufacturers of oils are saying the same 5w 40w as the first choice.

could be they are compensating for aussie being a bit hotter.
its more to do with oil temps rather than water temps.
but the best thing is oil pressure gauge.

A full syn oil in 5W-40 will work right through the temp ranges as indicated in the service manual without the need for a different grade depending on ambient air temps.

Just a thought but maybe we could approach Penrite and see if we could maybe scam a deal
Australian Forum supported by and supporting an Aussie Oil company.
We all use oils ......

Yeah, they'd prolly want us to buy 205L drums tho.

I'd be happy to buy 20L drums if they did a great price.

Give it a go tho, cant hurt.

That Penrite is a part synthetic oil---which really can mean "jack"

you need to understand the law case that Mobil vs Castrol went thru to see what marketing BS we are now subject to

ask them for the pour temp to really see what its made of.

AFIK all "Full Synthetic "oils are a mix or blend . "Full Synthetic" would be sort of a standard the oils must meet to be called "Full Synthetic"
Its all marketing crap
We all have to run some brand or type of oil and for this service I chose this one.

Last edited:
Back on the topic of the VQ Series engine.

I wish Nissan would put the VQ35 in the D22.

Awesome series motor. Not hard to see how its made the list of 1 of the worlds best V6's 13 years running.

The VQ40 is a close match to the VQ35. Shame how all the hotups are for the VQ35 not the VQ40 and most parts arent interchangeable.I know some of the guys in the states put the inlet runners from a VQ35 onto a VQ40 and made more power. But it wasa big job
Now ifI could get hold of a VQ56 now that would be an engine swap and a half

Back on the topic of the VQ Series engine.

I wish Nissan would put the VQ35 in the D22.

Awesome series motor. Not hard to see how its made the list of 1 of the worlds best V6's 13 years running.

Hmmmmm....so how is that back on topic

They don't give them to D22 drivers because they know only D40 drivers can handle the power :ha:

Geez, your at it early.......I would've waited till at least after lunch for the wisecracks....

Anytime is good for a wise crack, especially one I know will come back like a boomerang.

Back