One post wonders

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe2006

Reaction score
:rant: What cheeses me off:

People that make one post. Firstly don't introduce themselves (although may not be aware of forum etiquette), ask a question and never return.

Like: http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?p=295480#post295480

(Admin please feel free to delete link if inappropriate).

There are lots of examples.

Do these people have such little courtesy when talking to people face to face? Ask a question and when they get an answer, just walk off?

Not for this little black duck any longer. I have better things to do :dummy:

and you only get to see the ones we let through
its unfortunate and unavoidable and.........
we are here to help ....

this is why we have to keep on deleting threads in the "marketplace"
people join to sell and you never hear from them again
inactive members do get "purged" occasionally

cheers

Last edited:
They may have forgotten their password, they could be incapacitated ... or they had been asking that question around the place (eg Caravanner's forum) and received an answer that suited them there and acted on it. I know a few times people on other forums have been referred here to seek advice.

The poster you are specifically referring to may be on their trip without any access to the internet (not all of us have mobiles with data plans or even if we do, know how to use them to the fullest).

I look at it this way (and it's why I'll often over-explain things): the person asking the question is not always the only person interested in the answer, but they are sometimes the only person willing to ask the question. It's my assumption (rightly or wrongly) that there are others waiting in the background for answers to those questions - and we never see them, but they search, get the answer and are grateful for the result.

Thinking along those lines is why I keep at it. I'm helping someone - so I get a little karma. I'm hoping that one day, I'll be stuck somewhere (not by choice!) and I'll be able to draw a little from that store.

Good post old Tony! I know I often searched through existing threads on various topics even before I joined the forum and found a lot of useful advice, some from threads like the one listed above where it was a persons one and only post

Its a bit rude sometimes (the least they could do is a thank you) but it all adds to the wealth of information on the forum

A simple THANK YOU reply post would be nice.
After all WE did take the time to read the post and reply to it, with advice or help..

It's Pure and simple!!! MANNERS!!

Cheers Geoff

YEP!GOT A V6 'BUT I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE.

i was going to only ask one question and piss off but got lost and im still here 5300 post later and in the wrong car!! someone please help!! get me the Flock out of here!! lol

^ hehe yeah i was gonna say, that ghost town pic made the thread worth while.
Personally, the whole 1 post issue doesn't upset me one bit. I just hope he's not dead. actually to be truthful - i dont mind either way hahaha. Im a c*nt

The tumbleweed picture post at the end is f**king gold though haha

Got to agree, pretty appropriate.
I'll rarely ask a question because like with every vehicle I've owned I do a lot of research, read, read and keep reading until I'm satisfied I understand most things about it, I remember a lot of things and so end up regurgitating info to others asking questions.
I've found the majority attitude around here is helpful which is how I like to be most of the time and I agree it's rude to ask a question and figuratively speaking just walk off, I mean would anyone just do that face to face, most people wouldn't but because it's the anonymous internet they think it's ok for some reason.

I get where joe's coming from completely and as others have said a simple thank you is the least people could do

Having said that I never introduced myself, I wasn't aware of the etiquette.

I also don't post much because frankly I don't do much with my car. I do read this forum every day and read 90% of the posts though. Even if all these questions on auto electrics and trailer brakes dont apply to me atm I'll know that some modern cars use a smart alternator and might be able to help a mate out.

I think there's a lot more silent observers then some people realize.

P.s. old tony, camo b, joe, sparra etc. You guys are legends :thumbup:

^^ Agree with all the above, didn't introduce myself either, but love the work and am trying to give back a little as my knowledge of the car improves.

Manners and common courtesy are very lacking these days. If someone jumps in and asks a question then doesn't have the decency to acknowledge the reply them its probably best that they are never seen again.....

Well I'm new here, I came with very little Diesel knowledge and this is the first Nissan I have ever owned. I won't be able to hand out answers like most of you but I have found this forum open and friendly.

Cheers.

Welcome mate. Yes were all experts here. "x" being an unknown quantity and "spert" being a drip under pressure... ha ha...enjoy......

Yes, yes manners, youth of today, blah, blah

Attachments

• large-6626-image.jpg
    large-6626-image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 93
<--- One post wonder. I blame smart phones. I sit on the bus on the way to work reading forums and by the time I get home I cant be stuffed logging in commenting. I have a new phone turning up this week so I'll try out this taptalk for android.

Much ado about nothing.

Dood has probably died or something.

I hear the same on the zclub forum.
"Oh he just wants to sell something and not be a part of our community"
What community? Oh, the one that judges you harshly, assuming what may have happened.
Why would you take offense at something so basic?
Really???
Get a real problem.

If you want the world to use manners, "be the change you wish to see".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back