Only 20mm lift in the rear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choc36

Reaction score
Hi guys I put dobinson comfort medium duty leafs in the rear and bilstein 5100 shocks and only got about 20mm lift is that normal, and up front I put the bilstein 5100 set on the middle setting and got 50mm with the stock coil. I want to keep the front at that height and try to raise the back up another 30 to 40mm,it has only got a canopy so I don't really want to go a heavier spring if I can get away with it as it rides superb with this set up, so has any one got any ideas what I could do to raise the rear.

Sounds like you already had a lift in the rear or you got standard length rear! Once they settle they will drop a bit

No it's a brand new 2012 st with 3000 kms
and the dobinsons are supposed to be raised leafs

Somethings not right there. They may have supplied the wrong ones. You should still get at least 50mm. I got 70mm rear on mine. Id be taking it back and asking a few questions.

hey mate, it sounds like you may have got the wrong set of springs installed.. did you source these yourself or was it supplied and fitted to the car by a shop? I would go to where ever you got them from and ask for a proper 2" raised rear springs and swap these back.. by the way what do you rate the bilsteins out of 10? (i would like to get a set of 4 for my nav)

I sourced and fitted them myself the part number on the spring was right that doesn't mean it's the right leafs tho.The bilstiens are unbelievable I would rate them a 10 I put them on the standard rear first before i put the new set on and improved the ride out of site. On the front using the stock coil it made it firm and rides very well no harsh ride what so ever, I put them on the middle setting for a 25mm lift because I only got 20mm in the rear and ended up with 50mm in the front.

Somethings not right there. They may have supplied the wrong ones. You should still get at least 50mm. I got 70mm rear on mine. Id be taking it back and asking a few questions.

Same I used lovells

Ok rang dobinsons today they told me the wrong leaf springs,and said I have to get the 4+2 springs constant 250 kg for utes with a canopy and they will give me a 50mm lift and they agreed to swap them for me.

I have put the new springs in and they lifted it up to 585mm in the rear and 560mm on the front and it looks great now very happy with the out come.

I have only been for a 10k drive so far and it rides great, better then I thought with the heavier springs

Here are some pics

Attachments

• navara lift 001.jpg
    navara lift 001.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 72
  • navara lift 002.jpg
    navara lift 002.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 71
  • navara lift 003.jpg
    navara lift 003.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 72
  • navara lift 004.jpg
    navara lift 004.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 72
Choc, I imagine you used Bilstein 5100 part number 24-187053 for the front. From what I have read these are a great shocky for the price.

What model number did you use in the rear. I am looking at the 24-187152 but am unsure if these allow much lift. I would be installing new leaves in the rear like yourself and am unsure if these would suit or not.

Back