oops, boost sensor on d22 broken

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motojunkie86

Reaction score
2004 d22 zd30 boost sensor that sits on the pipe between the turbo and intake manifold.

does anyone know if i can get away with driving my car without the boost sensor connected, ive just accidentally snapped the plastic T part off of it and need a new one, however im finding it hard to track down a new boost sensor atm, very frustrated with myself, costly mistake.... sigh

if anyone is wrecking a d22 zd30 in sa or where ever i would really appreciate if i could get my hands on the sensor, thankyou

According to the manual the boost sensor doesn't play a big role in engine management so you shouldn't have any problems driving without it. Just fold the line in half and cable tie it so you don't bleed boost pressure. Nizzbits is probably the best person to get a new one from.

I did the exact same think lol stupid mistake I got one from nissan coat me 150 and 2 week wait I drove a little as possible did make a difference any ways

According to the manual the boost sensor doesn't play a big role in engine management so you shouldn't have any problems driving without it. Just fold the line in half and cable tie it so you don't bleed boost pressure. Nizzbits is probably the best person to get a new one from.

While the boost sensor is not mentioned in the ECM control section of the manual in regard to fuelling, it is used for fuelling, it is an input to the injection pump directly. If you unplug it, you will notice a significant loss of power. Not sure whether it is a risk or not, could be underfuelled which may cause heat issues, not sure.

Yep, nizzbits will have the best price and delivery on a new one.

Try nisscomerical in Adelaide for a second hand one.

It does tell you in "ëngine control" that it doesn't do much under normal running conditions. I get an error code for high intake volume above 20psi but no check engine light comes on, just shows up on ECUTALK.

Attachments

• boost sensor.jpg
    boost sensor.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 156
I've had the hose come off the between the intake pipe and that sensor and it still drives but it's eve more gutless then normal ,

That is correct as per the manual, but the pump has it's own controller as well which reads the boost pressure. The manual doesn't mention this, I guess cause it's a proprietary item, just like the manual doesn't tell you how the internals of the CD player works. Unplug it and go for a drive, you will see it is well down on power.

Last edited:
Has a bit of a flat spot between 2500- 3000rpm but still drives fine with it unplugged.

I also drilled and and tapped a fitting back onto mine except it never worked 100%, might have been some debris gone inside and affected the operation of it. I found the performance was terrible without it.

Just a tip if needed i fixed my broken boost controller quite easily all thats needed is 1/16 drill bit...5min araldite....and the needle you use to pump up footballs.......step 1 pull out needle vave tube...step 2 drill out hole in both plastic parts so tube fits in snug...step 3 araldite tube inside plastic and push together and hold...install next day giving enough time to cure hard..note dont get araldite in tube hole

Attachments

• 14855126070271049291820.jpg
    14855126070271049291820.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts

Back