Oops - I broke it

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont temp me Krafty .. u know i might go out and do it. only problem will be driving it on the road to get to the 4wd tracks. but then again, if i'm driving the Sherman tank - who's gonna try to stop me?

It's either that or pass up the driving duties and relegate yourself to the passenger seat, after all you've got the hat to keep the sun off your noggin whilst doing recoveries :ha:

hah, bloody hah ...

i might start picking on you about getting old and needing to drive an auto in your frail aged condition ...

Finally getting around to posting up the important couple of pics of what NOT to do to a Navara Front Diff.

bruinsmadiff001.jpg

Many thanks to Berwick Nissan who took the important photo's while the car was on the hoist.

Thanks also to Niss4x4 (williamstown) who managed to supply the 2nd hand near new diff

bruinsmadiff005.jpg

bruinsmadiff011.jpg

bruinsmadiff012.jpg

Thanks also to ScottyBuzzcat who chased down Adam at Niss4x4 for me.

Finally getting around to posting up the important couple of pics of what NOT to do to a Navara Front Diff.

bruinsmadiff001.jpg

Many thanks to Berwick Nissan who took the important photo's while the car was on the hoist.

Thanks also to Niss4x4 (williamstown) who managed to supply the 2nd hand near new diff

bruinsmadiff005.jpg

bruinsmadiff011.jpg

bruinsmadiff012.jpg

Thanks also to ScottyBuzzcat who chased down Adam at Niss4x4 for me.

Hey Woody, old post but i'm interested. Was your bash plate damaged as well? Did it take a big hit and push onto the diff or has shock forces just cracked the diff housing and the bash plate was fine?

Thats shit house if its just shock that caused the crack.

Pete

Pete ... The bash plate did NOT take a hit.

The broken diff was the result of the wheels lifting off the ground and free spinning (with a bit of right foot involved) and then returning to earth quickly. The consequence was a fast spinning wheel not spinning quickly any more, the result being two halves of a DIFF ... a left half and a right half with about a 1/4 inch gap between the two halves.

Pete ... The bash plate did NOT take a hit.

The broken diff was the result of the wheels lifting off the ground and free spinning (with a bit of right foot involved) and then returning to earth quickly. The consequence was a fast spinning wheel not spinning quickly any more, the result being two halves of a DIFF ... a left half and a right half with about a 1/4 inch gap between the two halves.

Ok noworries.

Cheers

Pete

Latest posts

Back