Opinions to Start new navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoyt Hunter

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Brand new to the forum as i have just grabbed myself an 05 d22 ST-R.
Sooooooo happy with it after driving around in an older Rodeo for the last 6 years.

Only problem is other than roof racks, side steps and hard cover she is pretty much stock.
Im giong to put alot of work into this as i spend alot of time camping and hunting up high country.

My three priorities are:
1. Bull bar
2. Better tires
3. Snorkel.

however as not the richest person in the world they will be getting done one at a time. Any one suggest what would be best priority.

And also the older car was running on BFG Wranglers but as im driving on the highway about 2.5hours a day i cant go ridiculously over size. Looking into some Mickey Thompson ATZ 4-Ribs or Cooper STs, and recommendations?

Cheers guys, Glad to finally be a Navara owner

Last edited:
G'day mate and welcome to the forum.Be sure to check the VNOG BLOG for trips and touring in Victoria as we are always up the high country and around the traps.
I would be doing tyres and a suspension lift first for your mods.
There is also a thread on here for who likes hunting so you might be able to catch up with some of those guys.
I am also starting to make sliders,bull bars and rear bars for the Navs if your interested.
Cheers Scotty

Navara 05 D22

G'Day mate I too am new to this forum, but have been reading for a while and am quite impressed with the usefull information you guys have. I too have a 05 D22 and have been strongly advised to add a water seperation filter in the fuel line, because the common rail are so fussy for clean fuel and sooo expensive to repair. I bought one today so the next job is to fit it. Not much room in there as I have a second battery but where there is a will there is a way.

Hey champ good work on the buy! wont be dissapointed, im currently running the mickey t's atz 4 ribs and theyre a great tyre.. was running the coopers st before that and couldnt complain about them either only switched over purely on pricing.. both tyres wear evenly if you rotate regulary and arent overly noisy or anything on the black top. would probably go a bullbar before snorkel if coins tight, can avoid a river crossing bit more easily then a big red skippy.. have fun spending the hard earned, once you start its hard to stop!

Hi mate, i run the cooper st maxx on my nav, no complaints. i used to run wranglers on my old hilux and wasnt impressed with how long they lasted. i,d do tyres first, then a bullbar

G'Day mate I too am new to this forum, but have been reading for a while and am quite impressed with the usefull information you guys have. I too have a 05 D22 and have been strongly advised to add a water seperation filter in the fuel line, because the common rail are so fussy for clean fuel and sooo expensive to repair. I bought one today so the next job is to fit it. Not much room in there as I have a second battery but where there is a will there is a way.

D22 ZD30's aren't Commonrail. They run a VP44 pump, there just a Di engine.

Hello everybody, My name is Stuie, I have a d22 2.5 standard everything, and would appreciate any thoughts on putting a DP CHIP in it. I have a million q's

Latest posts

Back