Organising the Next musters, 2013, 2014, etc

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry about the "extra work", as a committee we'd need to give the thumbs-up to items that were ostensibly published in the committee's name. A regular newsletter would be good, and perhaps we could have a committee member who was specifically tasked with publicity.

As for where the next muster is held - I vote for Ados. However, majority rules in a democracy, and I'm putting together a questionnaire which will answer that particular question (as well as a great many others). Expect to see this questionnaire posted on this forum soon - I'm busy working on it now. I want to thank BravoBrad for the basis of this - it's a fantastic idea (from a committee perspective) as it will give us some solid guidance for future events.

We were advertising the muster outside the forum. We'd put pamphlets under wipers on Navaras we'd see around the place, and I have a magnetic sticker advertising the muster for the tailgate. I'd also put pamphlets at the Nissan dealer at the service counter.

The muster is specifically for Navara owners. Whether they are forum members or not doesn't matter, the criteria is that they drive a Navara.

With THAT said, we'd still welcome the occasional non-Navara owner. Paul (RLI) no longer drives a Navara but is an enthusiastic contributor to this community (in spite of his ailment) and there'd have to be very few people who would object to his presence at a "Navara Muster". Besides, he drives a patrol now and if he goes off the bitumen, he's depending on one of us to tow him back to the hard stuff. :rofl2:

In my mind, either and both are welcome. If someone joins the forum and comes along to the muster, that's great. If someone comes along to the muster and joins the forum - that's also great. People are also welcome to come to the muster and not be on the forum, and be on the forum and not come to the muster - although as happened this year, numbers are needed.

Brad, you commented about the muster web site - we had real issues with it, because we had to secure the venue before we could update the site, and doing so was extremely complicated.

It does appear that NOT having the event has sparked more interest in it than having it - what an odd thing.

I do recall that we asked for people who were interested in being involved in the committee to put their hands up, as we needed a replacement for BossHog who went over to the Dark Side and he couldn't type any more with that stupid Darth Vader helmet blocking his vision. Woody also left the committee.

Even with Geoff joining us, technically we need another 2 people on the committee - both need to have Skype, and be available for regular, scheduled meetings where we can discuss issues - even if there's nothing procedural happening, we need to have the meetings so that the impetus remains.

G'evening, Very, extremely old Tony!

hmm, I do not know whether to shit, shine my shoes or wind my watch after reading your comments above! In the words of the English comedian Dick Emery "Who you are awful, but i like you!"

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

Read some good info, sorry to rehash an old thread but thought maybe its time to throw some ideas around again.
Had such a blast at the last Muster and cant wait for the next.

Something central for the majority of members is the key, or ideally somewhere with enough notice that people can plan to drive or organise leave if required,

Something central for the majority of members is the key, or ideally somewhere with enough notice that people can plan to drive or organise leave if required,
So is that a vote for Gloucester then???? I'll second and move that motion!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back