oricom uhf050

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justo

Reaction score
Hi there guys,

can anyone advise me if the Oricom 050 series uhf are any good as i have seen it for sale for $199.00 and thought that sounds like a good price, has anyone got one or herd anything good or bad about this model. i don't really want to spent $300+ on a uhf, any help would be great or if anyone can sugest another brand for the same sort of money.

thanks Justin

G'day Justin, I've got an oricom. Can't fault it yet really. Only minor problem I've had was that I pulled the handpiece out through the window at full extension of the lead and stripped the thread of the connection at the radio end of the lead. Bit of locktite fixed that up though, and it was my fault through the way I used it not a design problem.

I'm told the circuit board etc is the same as the ICOM uses but cant confirm.

Otherwise, works great.

What model did you end up getting in the uniden Silvernavara? What aerial did you go with? I am looking at putting one in and would like any opinions.

Thanks Shaun

Hi Sypher, as i did not need the top of the range i brought the uh012 and the aerial 6.5db not too sure of the exact one but the salesman said is one of the more popular ones i paid $250 for the uhf and $99 for the aerial.

Thanks for that. I read in the D22 section, something about some of the UHFs not working next year unless they can be upgraded. What is happening next year?

Thanks Shaun

They are adding channels from what I can gather, current UHF's will continue to work.

Latest posts

Back