Over boosting d40 help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew_man

Reaction score
Hi everyone tonight when I was driving my d40 it started over boosting getting around 30psi just happen all of a sudden when on for about 10min then has just stoped it has been running at around 20- 21 psi normaly and egt have and where normal at the time

I have a k&n pod filter, catch can, egr blocked, hard intercooler pipe, and yesterday I had a 3" tipan exhaust filter

Just wanting to find out what the go it as I am having a chip fitter on Monday and want to get this under control

I am wondering could my air map sensor be dirty and this caused it

Is your air filter a 'oil' one ? If so, it's possible that the oil may have contaminated the MAF sensor, get some MAF cleaner from supercheap and give it a few sprays.

Boost should spike up to high 20's and then settle down to about 20psi, I did see a vnt boost curve somewhere.

It's also possible that the pressure sensor in the intercooler could be responding a bit slow, I've heard of oil in the intercooler causing problems with the pressure sensors.

Yer it is a k&n pod filter so it gets a slight bit of oil coming through

I bought some maf air cleaner this morning and gave it a few sprays and cleaned it up it was a little dirty so hopefully that was the issue

My boost gauge shows I pretty much go straight to 20psi and will hold pretty steady which I though was weird as it is a vnt and they have a boost curve

Latest posts

Back