Over heating???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zd30 over heating

G'day mate i have 05' d22 with the zd30 and the last couple of weeks have been having the same problems.around 3000rpm in the bush.and on long hills on the hwy and towing my camper on the flat. i have just hit 140 000 and taking it to nissan this week. i'm hoping thermostat. Also mine isn't using water. I will post findings as soon as i know.

Last edited:
Hey navman, mine had the exact same issue as yours. Fine at low speeds, overheats on highway. Changed thermostat, radiator cap etc. Was fine for a bit but started overheating again on long hills. Frustrated the hell out of me, lol. Ended up having the radiator cores rodded and the bloke at natrad said it was 75% blocked! Has been perfect since then. It's a V6 though, but i don't think it matters cause we're talking about the radiator not the engine? So if it happens again maybe give that a go.

yer run some radiator flush through! hell do it twice.
If that doesn't work then hit up thermostat/ cap

hey guys, i took my truck to nissan had new thermostat,tubo hose,radiator pulled out flushed and cleaned have not yet been home to test it. So not sure if the problem has been fixed. Other then that nissan could not tell me what the cause was.

I had the same problem with my vg33 overheated filled up coolant and been fine ever since but I noticed my passenger side carpet looked wet and there was coolant under the carpet? I think it was a hose to my heater or something mind you shasn't lost any coolant at since...

Sounds like recent overheating I had, under load like steep hill with the aircon running or towing. Tried replacing the water pump/clutch fan to no avail. Turned out the radiator was partially blocked with sludge. Was only passing about 25% of water flow. I reckon it was caused by mixing good coolant with the cheapo crap that some places use. Could not clean the rad because the water slots are too fine. Got a brand new one from Natrad and filled it with good coolant. Problem sloved for another 250,000kms

Latest posts

Back