Overheating when AC on?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If its using coolant and there's no visible leaks its probably a leaking head casket. Get it up to temp without the radiator cap and look for bubbles in the radiator. There's supposed to be some kit you can get to check for CO2 as well but i havent seen those.

+1 on a possible leaking head gasket. If you can't see any other sign of leaking, then the coolant HAS to be heading into the combustion chamber/sump.

Check the oil for milkiness, see if you can spot any bubbling in the coolant or take a sample of your coolant to a radiator place who can test it for contamination.

If the oil is okay, and there's no contaminant somewhere, then you MUST have a leak somewhere. Don't forget that radiator coolant flows through the turbocharger, through the heater matrix inside the cabin, and through the EGR cooler if fitted.

try your radiator cap. If you havent changed it already id try that as it wont let the system pressurise properly if its had it.

radiator cap is new, i changed it when i put new water pump along with thermostat on about 4 - 5 months ago... but thats not to say its not faulty either

If its using coolant and there's no visible leaks its probably a leaking head casket. Get it up to temp without the radiator cap and look for bubbles in the radiator. There's supposed to be some kit you can get to check for CO2 as well but i havent seen those.

yikes.. that will drain the pocket if it is but ill check it all today cause todays 37 in melbourne so perfect over heating weather

+1 on a possible leaking head gasket. If you can't see any other sign of leaking, then the coolant HAS to be heading into the combustion chamber/sump.

Check the oil for milkiness, see if you can spot any bubbling in the coolant or take a sample of your coolant to a radiator place who can test it for contamination.

If the oil is okay, and there's no contaminant somewhere, then you MUST have a leak somewhere. Don't forget that radiator coolant flows through the turbocharger, through the heater matrix inside the cabin, and through the EGR cooler if fitted.

it thought navara turbo was only oil fed? mines a 02 zd30, i didn't know u could test coolant

The factory gauge isn't that accurate and it probably runs hotter than normal with the winch and spotties but doesn't show. A 40 degree day would push it over. Could be the radiators clogging up.

The factory gauge isn't that accurate and it probably runs hotter than normal with the winch and spotties but doesn't show. A 40 degree day would push it over. Could be the radiators clogging up.

So how could one rectify that? I have Hella Rallye 4000's on the front of my Nav as well as a winch... Could I somehow get a beefier thermo fan (or sneak another one in) and plum them up to run constantly?

I had similar problems with mine over the hot days last month.

Finally got around to pulling the radiator out to give it a flush and this is what I found ....

attachment.php

This muck was between the radiator and the air con condensor so you cant clear it without removing the radiator (easy 20min job).

Needless to say after cleaning it out and flushing the radiator and block it's been good as gold.

Attachments

• 2013-01-20 12.42.16.jpg
    2013-01-20 12.42.16.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 347
possible to do a radiator removal diy? would love to diagnose over heating issue that sounds bang on identical to this. i answer it by dropping the windows and cranking the heater on full throttle. frustrating as hell and replacement hi flow thermostat didnt solve it.

Latest posts

Back