Oz vs USA engines

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisher

Reaction score
In my search for cheap parts (fan belt and radiator hoses) I've noticed that it appears that the US version of the Navara (Frontier) appears to have a different diesel motor than the Oz version - so I can't be sure that the parts found in the US will match my car. I've had a quick search on the forum and couldn't come up with anything - any ideas?

What I have noticed is that genuine Nissan parts in the US are ship load cheaper than available here.

Parts in the US are much cheaper than here.. We pay the AUSTRALIA (or in my case, WA) tax..

We you can buy Head Gaskets for a 6 Litre Gen4 V8 over here for $198 a set, and they cost $76 over in the US (same OEM Gasket) - you know we are being touched up..

While the $AU is high, source parts from the US..

Parts in the US are much cheaper than here.. We pay the AUSTRALIA (or in my case, WA) tax..

I've just ordered an air cond blower unit from the US - $68 landed compared to $340 from Nissan dealer in SA. (genuine Nissan item - same part number). I'd like to do the same thing with the radiator hoses and fan belt - its getting the part numbers to match is the problem! :)

I I've noticed that it appears that the US version of the Navara (Frontier) appears to have a different diesel motor than the Oz version .
i don't think the usa has any diesel navara/frontiers. last time i looked they where all petrol. mostly v6 and supercharged v6. very few small diesels in usa due to emissions and lack of diesel fuel stations.

a few other counties had diesels, a copy of a ford power stroke engine i think.

be carefull with parts. obvious some differences with left hand and right hand drive, but also body is a bit different. i think different crash test standards. also different features like electric rear locker and traction control.

The D40 Frontier never has never had a diesel as an option. It has only been available in V6 Petrol and 4Cyl Petrol . The VQ40 V6 appears to be identical for the most part .I know the belt tensioner is the same.

We you can buy Head Gaskets for a 6 Litre Gen4 V8 over here for $198 a set, and they cost $76 over in the US (same OEM Gasket) - you know we are being touched up..

Tax has little to do with it. I would say the sales tax paid in most US states would exceed the 10% GST we pay here. Like most goods and commodities we have less economies of scale. Higher freight and distribution costs and of course more profit gouging along the way, higher wages here would be a small part of the reason to.

Back to the parts themselves some would be ok particularly if it's a petrol engined Navara but I would be real careful of any Diesel engine components you buy from there. Although if you do have a win with them keep us posted.

i don't think the usa has any diesel navara/frontiers. last time i looked they where all petrol. mostly v6 and supercharged v6. very few small diesels in usa due to emissions and lack of diesel fuel stations.

a few other counties had diesels, a copy of a ford power stroke engine i think.

be carefull with parts. obvious some differences with left hand and right hand drive, but also body is a bit different. i think different crash test standards. also different features like electric rear locker and traction control.

Thanks! Maybe that's why I had difficulty finding parts! :) I went to one web site where the parts list seemed to indicate that one particular model had a diesel engine. But, I think I'll buy locally just to be on the safe side.
thanks again.

Latest posts

Back