Painting factory alloy bull bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel27

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm buying a 2014 D22 and want to get the original alloy bull bar and sport bar painted satin black as I don't intend on doing heavy 4wdriving right away I can save for a winch bar next year. Do any of you guys think this is a good idea? Will it peel or chip easy being on alloy? And can anyone recommend a quality spray painter in darwin?

I did my d40 stx rims and alloy roll bar in wattle black etch..sticks like poo to a scoured surface...been a year now and no fade.i normally use it to finnish off body work before it goes for paint.

Hi guys I'm buying a 2014 D22 and want to get the original alloy bull bar and sport bar painted satin black as I don't intend on doing heavy 4wdriving right away I can save for a winch bar next year. Do any of you guys think this is a good idea? Will it peel or chip easy being on alloy? And can anyone recommend a quality spray painter in darwin?

Hi Joel.
if your going to do this yourself, make sure you give it an good clean and light sanding scuff before you paint it, use a phosphoric acid cleaner to remove the aluminium oxide, assuming it's not clear coated, if it has been clear coated a good scuff will be all you need prior to applying the etch recommended..

Good luck

Thanks guys, hey does anyone have pics of a standard alloy bar painted?

Wattyl super etch.... uploadfromtaptalk1410589023299.jpg
Not a d22 but thats the colour anyway.

Back