Pajero timing chain recall

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kochie

Reaction score
Has anyone else heard about the recall Mitsubishi is doing on a selection of pajeros for their timing chain tensioner? A mate from work was going on about it today and it got me thinking if maybe Mitsubishi and Nissan use the same supplier for the tensioner, Nissan should be doing the same for the d40's??
Just a thought

^ That's a fair point. Replacing the timing chains+tensioners isn't a 10-minute job.

Mistubishi must be feeling that pain too. Someone had to balance the scales between the parts & labour cost and the damage to goodwill. If Nissan DO announce a recall now, they'll look like they're chasing Mitsu's tail. In their favour, though, Nissan have been doing a few timing chains under goodwill.

I'd like to see it done, especially if they fit a stronger chain like yd25.com.au supplies (or even stronger, a hyvo).

A mate told me the other day that toyota were doing a recall for injectors from 6 years ago.havnt googled yet so i cannot confirm...isnt it a bit late for some recalls?

A lot of company's do internal repair replace bulletin's instead of recalls if its not a safety issue as it is cheaper and saves face.
Nissan has the d23 coming out this year with a new motor so I think its a case of move on and don't mention the war....

A mate told me the other day that toyota were doing a recall for injectors from 6 years ago.havnt googled yet so i cannot confirm...isnt it a bit late for some recalls?

yeh i think ur mate was right. read an article from berrima diesel services about it

Apparently the pajero tensioner and chain replacement is a big job too requiring the head to be removed so its big dollars for mitsushity.

Latest posts

Back