parabolic leaf springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chule

Reaction score
Hi - happy new year to all!

Has anybody got parabolic leaf springs installed on their Nav or on another vehicle....... or otherwise had any experience with them on 4WD's?

I've read they offer a more comfortable ride than a standard leaf pack and allow for more suspension movement but loose some load carrying capabilities.

Thanks for your comments.

Havent seen them fitted to a nav but our work Mercedes Sprinters have parabolic spring in the rear ans they take some serious load to make them sag. Comfortable aswell, I don't know about flex but would be interesting

Can someone give a quick explanation of what the difference is ???

Can't really describe it super good, but google will help. Parabolic is usually a single spring which has a super thick middle where it mounts to the axle tube then it tapers of towards the shackle etc. Best bet is to search Google

Can't really describe it super good, but google will help. Parabolic is usually a single spring which has a super thick middle where it mounts to the axle tube then it tapers of towards the shackle etc. Best bet is to search Google

Cheers for ...... did do that and come up with some good info....

There's a mob in WA that do them but not for the Navara: Westralia Spring Works - 4WD Parabolic Suspension Australia

Don't who makes them for the D22's ???

I've emailed them Rob- just waiting for a response.

There's also a place on the north coast as well.

I've emailed them Rob- just waiting for a response.

There's also a place on the north coast as well.

When I did a google search, a thread came up in the 4WD Action forum for these springs being installed on a 75s Toyota Ute.... From that thread their experience/advice was that if aren't always carrying weight around, then forget about it..... apparently w/o the weight u get a bone jarring experience for a ride.....

Latest posts

Back