Pathetic servicing.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously what do you expect? They may well have done wrong in the past and you may well be right in moving away from them but when you tell the guy on the phone that you're not happy and have booked the car in elsewhere why expect him to do anything else other than end the call as quick as possible. He no doubt has other calls to make, at very least he will have other customers that are potential customers, you made your stance clear and he didn't bother wasting your time.

I understand being pissed off with a dealer but being pissed off because you wanted him to try harder and beg for your business is as bad as him ringing up and requesting it in the first place.

Makes little difference where your post is, if it's really in the wrong section the mods will move it, but I doubt there is anything wrong with it's location, just your expectation of what a dealer should do when you upset him :ha:

krafty so lets say you made some graphics for someone or whatever and they spent 60 odd grand of their hard earned with you and then you followed the sale up with them afterwards, and they said "sorry mate i'm not happy with the service i have received from you - would you interrupt them before they had finished saying what they wanted to say and hang up on them?? would you not want to know what it was that you had done wrong?? sorry i strongly disagree with you that just is not good customer service.

i upset him? how do you work that out? it's nothing on how much they have upset me, if they cared more and had more pride in their work the truck would be going back to them for service but i just don't want to be worrying about what it will come back with damaged next time.

If I had a record that the customer wasn't happy with my service and I felt the need to give them a call I would listen to them, if their tone and their words stated they weren't going to continue business with me then yes I would end the call. Nissan would have a record of everything they did for you, if the guy knows this and realised that he had one chance and it was passed why would he keep going.

I never said it was good customer service and I never said I agree with what they have done but he's making the call for one reason and one reason only, you told him he wasn't going to get what he wanted so what did you expect in return a kiss and empty apologies to regain your business? If he did that you'd be on here now telling everyone how a dealer spent 10 mins kissing your arse to get your business back that you had no intention of giving him.

I don't expect you to agree with me, I don't expect anyone to agree with me but customer service goes both ways and customers often expect more than they get but expecting any business to make excuses and beg for forgiveness when it's shown to them that they are not going to get it is hardly productive business.

I understand what you are saying if i had tone in my voice, but i was been so polite when i was speaking to him, and no i wouldn't of been on here telling you all how the tried to kiss my arse at all, surely as a genuine customer who spent a shit load of money at their dealership i deserve more respect than that? after all it is them who on two occasions have damaged my vehicle and have denied ever doing any of the damage or mistakes. We obviously have totally different ideas of what is acceptable and what isn't so we are never going to agree. I bet if i jumped into my truck now and drove to the dealers there's a good chance the manager doesn't know what a cock the bloke ringing round for business is being and would agree with me.

Polite is a matter of opinion, he's a salesmen, or at very least someone who deals with people day in day out, even if you think you were polite he may not have. At very least your tone may well have been polite but suggested to him that he wasn't going to get anywhere with you, after all he'd have heard such tones plenty of times before.

It also pays to remember that while the price you paid means something to you it means nothing to them, a sale is a sale to them the dollar figure on that sale means very little when it comes the the service department asking you for another $500.

Customer service in this country is for the most part shit and Nissan are often blamed for the worst of it but you stated your case, you told the guy you were not going to use his service, expecting him to try and convince you otherwise or even apologise for something that he probably wasn't directly responsible for when there is plenty of other people out there who will use his service is unrealistic from any business.

Lets just clear one thing up.... i didn't for one second want him to blow smoke up my arse i just would of expected in the very least to be able to finish what i wanted to say before having the phone put down on me. You are giving your very strong opinions on something on which you don't know the full story to, i know i haven't shared the full story of my experiences with the dealers with you and probably never will and you can only go off what you have heard from me on here, i accept that, but my experiences with the nissan dealer go much deeper than that. So do you think that this is acceptable also, when i first ever set foot in this dealership and sat down with the salesman and told him what i wanted he went into the stock control person and came back to me and said there were 5 altitude blue 550's sat just cleared quarantine in brisbane and they could have me one late the following week, this to me was great as i didn't need to put more rego etc on the vehicle i already had as it was due to run out, left a healthy deposit signed for and ordered the car, 2 weeks went by and they then told me next week, next week came and went, re-newed rego on my current car best part of a grand for ctp and rego, went back into the dealers and asked to know the truth i got told "all 5 are damaged" i asked what do you mean damaged? he said "all it takes is some young kid to do a chirpy in the compound and flick stones up and they get damaged" seriously how dumb can someone expect you to be?? i then said "these 5 vehicles don't exist do they, look at me and tell me the truth" as i expected they had sold me a car that wasn't in stock just to get the sale. I was then told 12 weeks to order one, the 12 weeks came and went then got moved from end of august to just before christmas delivery date 2012, then they tried to palm me off with a demo one from another dealership somewhere, i ordered a central locking genuine cover for it when i first ever placed the order for the car, they took a silver one off a 2nd hand truck one with the red stripes down it and were going to paint it blue and put it on mine and still wanted the price of a new one for it, it goes on and on mate, all this plus then the damage they have done to it since, so if i had of had tone on the phone i'm sure i had the right to have it, but i didn't have it.

A business rings up, they ask for a person to part with money for a service, the person on the other end of the phone says, "I'm not interested I've made alternate plans" there is nothing more for the person who is trying to make a dollar to discuss with that person so why wouldn't they end the call. It's simple common sense.

Sure words might not have been used in the manner they could have been, attitudes could have changed and many other things could have happened but at the end of the day a person trying to sell something makes a request, gets a negative answer and moves on to the next customer. Previous arguments, previous bad experiences and previous deals are nothing to the person on the phone all he's trying to do is make business, if he can't get that business it's his job to move on to the next person, complaints resolution is someone elses department.

It doesn't make the guy on the phone right but it's the kind of service we've allowed businesses to get away with in this country because of our own piss poor attitudes towards everything.

i understand all that but at least have the decency to let me finish what i am saying before hanging up at the very least, that isn't business that is simply bad manners, not acceptable at all in my opinion and that i am allowed.
You have your opinion of what you think is acceptable in business and i have mine, all i know is that if i treated my customers like that i wouldn't expect to have any at all.
One thing my parents taught me is that manners cost nothing.

They don't expect your business again so they don't care how they treat you, again not right but we've been letting business get away with it for so long it's hardly surprising Nissan have picked up on it.

Anyone who runs a business knows they can't keep every client happy at all times. There will always be customers that think they have been dudded, think they were treated badly, think they were right. If a business hasn't had such customers they haven't had enough customers. For a business like car dealerships where business virtually comes to them no matter how little they advertise it's not surprising they get away with such behaviour especially since their staff don't have to be accountable for it, it doesn't make it right but it also doesn't make it very surprising, it makes it the norm.

Sad you had that experience. Another dealer may suit you.
Some are better than others as are some vehicle brands and models.
Its good to vent.
P.s. A mate is wealthy enough to leave Nissan and buy BMW. He says they pay for the service but is great.....

Kraft you said it well.

John its not just nissan unfortunately, i have a VW van and it got a problem with the water pump and apparently the same engine in the touareg got recalled and the pump replaced under warranty but the van didn't get recalled for some reason. I met an english bloke who has his own garage in southport and would trust him without thinking twice with my van but he was going back to the uk for 8 weeks at the time for christmas so i ended up at the dealers, dealers quoted 100$'s more for the same job doing (new water pump, oil & filter change etc) so i thought that isn't too bad and booked it in, dropped it off at 6.30 in the morning, the service department was rammed with customers and the service manager says to me "we may as well do your cam belt whilst its in" so i said jokingly "you'd be lucky wouldn't you" he said "no your van has 60k on it will be at 90k we may as well do it whilst we are doing the pump" so i said "it hasn't got a cam belt, it's gear driven" his face was a picture as he toddled off up the workshop to ask or pretend to ask a mechanic if i was right, upon his return he never said sorry you are right or anything, i wish i hadn't of said anything and just agreed to it doing and then seen if it was on the bill at the end. Anyhow it got to the back end of the day and i still hadn't heard anything so i got on my mountain bike and rode down to the dealers and my van is still up in the air on the ramps, i walk into service reception and he says "i was just going to ring you, what do you want to do about the oil?" i was gobsmacked, i asked what he meant he said that the price didn't include the oil just the part replacing!! wanted 300$'s for the oil which i declined as i had 10 litres of the correct oil at home, so i rode probably 15k's all uphill on my bike to get the oil and ride back down to the dealers with it, he took it into the workshop to the mechanic and then came back to me to sort the bill out and it was $115 dollars more than quoted so when i asked why it was for the oil filter and because the mechanic had to put the oil back in! i asked for the oil back as the engine holds 7.4 litres with a new filter meaning i should of had 2.6 litres left and he brought me the drum with about a thimble full left in the bottom the so called "technician" had put 10 litres of oil in my van!! i wasn't amused.
So it's not just nissan mate it happens a lot, maybe krafty is right these people have been getting away with it for so long with no one saying anything or complaining that they now think poor service is acceptable or are unable to change.

I'm surprised at VW being that way. Sh1t you pay enough for em.
Krafty is right, he holds good soil most of the time.
Your story is common.
Your suitably pissed off........
Buuuuuut we all have to see it how it is, not how wed like it to be or it just robs ya.
You may want the dealer for warranty issues so you wanna stay friendly with one of em
A trusted mechanic can do your log book services.

Latest posts

Back